Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No indicator, every light comes on in dashboard!

Total Downloaded

No indicator, every light comes on in dashboard!

Hi every body, I have a 2001 Freelander V6 SE. Every once in a while, when I indicate (either right or left), the tacho drops to 0, every light on the dashboard lights up and the indicator don't work. This can lasts for a little while or some times. Can anyone help me?? Thank you.

Total Downloaded
    There is a lot of wires on the back of the instrument cluster, I would bet you have a loose earth somewhere.

Or.....don't indicate

Total Downloaded
    the switch on the back of the ignition barrel will need replacement. I have seen this a few times it was a bugger to find the first time

Total Downloaded
    Thank you!! Now to try find one!!

Total Downloaded
    Hi Gabe, Were you able to get your problem sorted? I have a similar situation with mine. Seems as if some sort of test sequence is going on, because among others the seatbelt and handbrake lights go on, and I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong in those departments. Presumably the equnce is being triggered by the ignition switch mechanism of its own accord. Interested in any more info.

Thanks for the tip, woko.

Cheers,

Mark K.

Total Downloaded
    Our mechanic has replaced the ignition swith, and warning lights/indicators are back to normal - thanks Ray!

Total Downloaded

Ignition switch gone again!!!

Please help!! This is the third time I'm having this problem in less than 2 years!! I've replaced the switch at the back of the ignition back in march but it's gone again!! 3 fault switches in 2 years??? Thank you for any input.
    Gabe

Total Downloaded
    You must have something drawing to much current for the switch. Can you tell me which lights exactly are coming on? Just trying to work out which circuit the fault is on.

Total Downloaded
    Hi woko, at the moment, there are no lights coming on. There is a clicking sound as soon as i insert the key into the ignition. Also once in a while, totally random, the power drops off, car almost stalls and then all of the sudden it picks up again like nothing has happened.

Thank you

Gabe

Total Downloaded
    Make sure the switch on the back of the ignition is not loose. They have a habit of loosening and this can cause stalling. another factor is to much weight on the key, try just the car key and the fob, see if it makes a difference

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast