Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.25kg gas cylinder holder

Total Downloaded

1.25kg gas cylinder holder

I'm looking for a gas cylinder holder for a 1.25kg cylinder. Do they exist and where can i get one in Brisbane?
    I have seen them for a 2.5kg cylinder, but not the 1.25kg one.

If the speed of light = 299,792,458 m/s, what is the speed of dark?

Total Downloaded
    To the best of my knowlege 2.5 kg and 9 kg gas cylinders are now standard. Any other sizes are not produced and therefore no holders would be made new. Any smaller than 2.5 kg are catered for by Pressure cans similar to flyspray cans.

Total Downloaded
    why not just make one?
    Dave

"In a Landrover the other vehicle is your crumple zone."

For spelling call Rogets, for mechanicing call me.

Fozzy, 2.25D SIII Ex DCA Ute
    Tdi autoManual d1 (gave it to the Mupion)
    Archaeoptersix 1990 6x6 dual cab(This things staying)

If you've benefited from one or more of my posts please remember, your taxes paid for my skill sets, I'm just trying to make sure you get your monies worth.
    If you think you're in front on the deal, pay it forwards.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Blknight.aus View Post
    why not just make one?
    Yep - looking at that, thinking of making up something using a metal strap type clippy thing (technical term )

Total Downloaded
    metal ring round the bottom with a couple of hooks to take a pair of occy straps.

hook both straps in the same point on one side twist them around each other a few times and hook them back in on the other hole. drop the bottle in then lift the straps over, seperate the twists over the neck and let them sit down again.

Done.

you may find you dont even need the ring just stratigically drill the holes.
    Dave

If you've benefited from one or more of my posts please remember, your taxes paid for my skill sets, I'm just trying to make sure you get your monies worth.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Blknight.aus View Post
    metal ring round the bottom with a couple of hooks to take a pair of occy straps.

hook both straps in the same point on one side twist them around each other a few times and hook them back in on the other hole. drop the bottle in then lift the straps over, seperate the twists over the neck and let them sit down again.

Done.

you may find you dont even need the ring just stratigically drill the holes.
    Simple & clever

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by gwebb View Post
    To the best of my knowlege 2.5 kg and 9 kg gas cylinders are now standard. Any other sizes are not produced and therefore no holders would be made new. Any smaller than 2.5 kg are catered for by Pressure cans similar to flyspray cans.
    The exchange type will only ever be 4.5kg & 9kg. Other smaller sizes will still be available, but need to be filled by Decanting.
    Decanting is considered a "hazardous" work proceedure, so the likes of Bunnings & Major service stations have stopped doing it.
    In time I reckon decanting will be limited to approved gas depots, or you would need to exchange via- like USA,- vending machines, ( Yes, for gas bottles).

Total Downloaded
    yet every BCF store has bottles to decant from.
    Dave

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    Decanting is considered a "hazardous" work proceedure, so the likes of Bunnings & Major service stations have stopped doing it.
    In time I reckon decanting will be limited to approved gas depots, or you would need to exchange via- like USA,- vending machines, ( Yes, for gas bottles).
    I suppose eventually if you own a petrol car you will have to drop it off and come back later and pick it up, after it has been filled 'safely'

Martyn

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    The exchange type will only ever be 4.5kg & 9kg. Other smaller sizes will still be available, but need to be filled by Decanting.
    The reason service stations stopped decanting is most of them are only staffed by one person. When decanting gas you must not leave the decanting unattended. As that person is required to man the console it is to hard to decant. As for Bunnings I am pretty sure I have seen them do it at the Shepparton store. I shall look next time I am there.

Myself and SWMBO decant gas at our place.

Dave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast