Thread: 94 rangie key

Total Downloaded

94 rangie key

Hello all .
    My question is do these 94classic soft dash models have an electronic remote key entry or the same type key as the earlier models .
    Thanks all .

Total Downloaded
    G`day ,

they have a remote that is seperate to the key .

Key itself is as you say like the earlier ones .
    PLR or peter r elsewhere
    BA KA MA RRC L322 TD6 R1200GS

Total Downloaded

lose remote

I see thanks for that info .
    That makes me wonder if you lose the remote then I assume the key will open the door .
    Im about to buy one of these cars and didnt look at the key situation thats why Im asking .
    Cheers

Total Downloaded
    The key and fob are two seperate units.

If you lock with the key then you can unlock and drive off with the key no worries.

If you lock with the remote then you must unlock with the remote. If you lock with the remote and open the door with the key then the alarm will activate [noisy] and the car cannot be started with the key.

When parking in isolated/remote areas I never use the fob - just in case I get an electronic locking/unlocking glitch.

Total Downloaded

great info thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbles View Post
    The key and fob are two seperate units.

If you lock with the key then you can unlock and drive off with the key no worries.

If you lock with the remote then you must unlock with the remote. If you lock with the remote and open the door with the key then the alarm will activate [noisy] and the car cannot be started with the key.

When parking in isolated/remote areas I never use the fob - just in case I get an electronic locking/unlocking glitch.
    Thanks thats great to know . Now I understand perfectly .
    Cheers

Total Downloaded
    I've taken the fobs off...stored them safely...and use ONLY the key for the reasons above.

Besides, using the fob also sets the 'ultrasonic' interior alarm... set off by over-active fleas, mozzies, spiders etc.

Classic RR '95 Vogue SE

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by theg View Post
    I see thanks for that info .
    That makes me wonder if you lose the remote then I assume the key will open the door .
    Im about to buy one of these cars and didnt look at the key situation thats why Im asking .
    Cheers

G`day , it`s a good idea to check that both front doors lock and unlock with the key , i didn`t .

The little plastic arms that actuate the locks are unique to these vehicles and are coloured black , one side and grey the other , i think grey maybe drivers door but don`t really remember , anyhow the earlier vehicles have i thinks it`s blue and red or maybe white and are easily obtained .

The black and the grey are not easy to get and no parts people that i spoke to were even aware of the difference , i ended up buying the complete door handles from a roll over because i couldn`t be assured the ones coming from the UK were the right colours and as it happened along with a 2 month wait the ones that came and were returned weren`t black or grey .

The remote for these is the same one that the early discoverys use , i know this because the one that we have came from one and they can just be coded to the alarm just by following the sequence of initilisation .

We don`t use the remote either only the key and for the same reasons given , still sets the alarm but not to the same extent .
    PLR or peter r elsewhere
    BA KA MA RRC L322 TD6 R1200GS

mike 90 RR Guest
    Another idea is, while the remote still works ... Have a Auto sparky bypass the original remote system and install an aftermarket (common) imobilizer ... As the original is getting on + plus harder to get parts .... Installing a new unit means Fresh remotes, Easier and cheaper to replace, More service centers available in the event of a lockout

For those going off the beaten track ... Ask if the Sparky could sort out a "manual" bypass of the imobilizer

Best to sort it out while it's going good

Cheers
    Mike

Total Downloaded

appreciate the help

Great help here . Thanks guys