Thread: Leaking windscreen

Total Downloaded

Leaking windscreen

Hi, Has anyone had a leaking windscreen. When it rains the front windscreen leaks from the top like a tap. I have tried to seal it from the outside but it didn't work. Any input would be appreciated.

Total Downloaded
    keep scrolling down through this section it may be a few pages back now but - yes pretty much all of us have. there is several reasons and most are explained in the post I mentioned

happy hunting

and welcome aboard

It'sNotWorthComplaining! Guest
    When I had mine replaced on a D1 it was amazing how much rust there was under the windscreen. I was able to be treated, but if ignored I reckon the aperture would have crumbled

Total Downloaded
    Depending on how old the screen is, it probably wasn't sealed properly by the windscreen mob that fitted it. It is amazing how many bad fitters are out there, and they all aren't small fitters. O'O'O'O'BBBBB comes to mind.
    Only way out, get a pro to remove and refit or get a new one.

It'sNotWorthComplaining! Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke68 View Post
    Depending on how old the screen is, it probably wasn't sealed properly by the windscreen mob that fitted it. It is amazing how many bad fitters are out there, and they all aren't small fitters. O'O'O'O'BBBBB comes to mind.
    Only way out, get a pro to remove and refit or get a new one.
    Yep, had them re do mine they fitted as it started becoming opaque within a week, seems water got between the laminate of the glass.

Total Downloaded
    OB had mine 4 times, then when that screen broke I went somewhere else. They said the screen had been leaking. Nno wonder I could not find where the leak was, I was looking everywhere but the screen.