Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hydrogen

Total Downloaded

Talking hydrogen

has anyone tried the hydrogen generator on a td5? was looking at one today and given the spiel BUT is it ok to use on the landrover system. I have a discotd5 2002,,,????

Total Downloaded
    Not this one again.
    hydrogen fuel
    The last time we had this topic it resulted in one or two people getting banned I think.
    No, it doesn't work.
    It's cheaper and less effort to get an energy polariser.
    Oh, and I think the energy polariser will use less fuel.

Total Downloaded
    no no,

2 cans of baked beans a day for the driver, duct from beneath driver's seat to engine air intake, well controlled turbo emissions for overtaking!

Total Downloaded
    A very smart mate of mine and his even smarter dad built one and put it into a delivery van. Yep worked, but for the cost and effort I would not bother, and unless you are as my mate and dad are, an electrical engineer or similar, keeping it working properly is a nightmare. They only did it for fun. They also made a great still, much more productive use of their time
    98 Defender 110 tdi Boomer

Total Downloaded

hydrogen

Quote Originally Posted by D2Andrew View Post
    no no,

2 cans of baked beans a day for the driver, duct from beneath driver's seat to engine air intake, well controlled turbo emissions for overtaking!
    go fossick???

Total Downloaded
    I'm always amused when Joseph Bloggs reckons he can outdo a multibillion dollar, international, competitive industry in his shed in his spare time.

I always work on the principle that if it worked, and it was economically feasible, the manufacturers would have done it already.

Total Downloaded
    no no,

That would indeed be free fuel production but it'd be quite uncomfortable.
    Now, sticking the duct up a dogs butt and feeding it PAL, Now there's an idea.
    Either way, you'd use less fuel than the "Hydrogen production from the engine" method. Cheaper too (maybe not the feeding the dog PAL one).

It'sNotWorthComplaining! Guest
    no no,

should be good on a TDI - gas injection

It'sNotWorthComplaining! Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Marsh View Post
    Either way, you'd use less fuel than the "Hydrogen production from the engine" method. Cheaper too (maybe not the feeding the dog PAL one).
    Why not dig out some plans for the chook poop burner to run the vehicle

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Marsh View Post
    Thats an idea, my dog lets fly every time I put him in the car.

He stretches out over the back seat and by the end of the street all the windows are open to let the smell out.

I recon that Jack could probably produce about 200 times as much flamable gas from his behind in a couple of Kms than a home made 12v powered under bonnet hydrogen generator could produce in a year...or make that ten years.

I know everyone knows someone who has built one or seen one running and some people on here are staunch believers and have them on their cars but the initial question was would it work on a Td5....the answer is NO it wont work on anything.

If there are working systems out there, show us the proof and publish the proof.

I know a few engineers that have looked at this and all have made systems that produced hydrogen but none in the quantities that would be anywhere useful in an internal combustion engine.

Cheers Casper

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast