Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Twice my age, crosseyed and can't hold her fluids in but ain't she sweet

Total Downloaded

Twice my age, crosseyed and can't hold her fluids in but ain't she sweet

G'day all,
    I picked up my first Landy of my own yesterday.
    She's a 63 or 64 SWB Truck Cab with a whole lot of originalness from what i can tell.
    Loading up

Cross-eyed tailgater

The noisy bit:

The user interface

Pure luxury

tidy bum

And her pretty face.

There is a canvas canopy, but no hood sticks-probably with owner-before-last so i'll have to chase him up.

So far, the radiator imitates a steam train, the brakes don't work, rear axles seals leak like crazy, the ignition key is almost worn out, door tops are rusty but replacements provided and there is a distinct need for some paint. Slightest bit of rust in the rear crossmember which could be cut and patched if I knew how to weld, the rest is pretty clean.

Mark
    Last edited by isuzutoo-eh; 8th March 2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: wrong pic link

Total Downloaded

Thumbs up Very Nice Score

Hello Mark looks like you have scored a keeper.
    Tanks for the pic,s enjoyed them.
    What r ure plans for the future??
    Looking forward to the progress of your new found Land Rover.
    cheers
    Tim

Total Downloaded
    Was that the one on Ebay not long ago that had been in a Sydney dry storage warehouse along with a few other cars that the owner had to clear out?

If so I was watching the sale and thought that someone is going to get an absolute beauty of a shorty! It looks the same.
    Cheers
    Slunnie

~ Discovery II Td5 ~ Discovery 3dr V8 ~ Series IIa 6cyl ute ~ Series II V8 ute ~

Total Downloaded
    Nice one Mark!

Perhaps you should change your name to:

"Longing4sometimetoworkonmyLandy"

Total Downloaded
    Hi Tim, Slunnie,
    Yes, that was the one on ebay recently. I bid on it (needs a name asap) a year ago when the bloke I bought it from won it, it was the first vehicle I ever bid on!

This will become my daily driver, probably forcing me to ride my pushbike more often! I'll keep it as original as practical, but won't shy away from getting it dirty as often as I can. Wouldn't mind a 2.25D for economy reasons...

My options are to register the landy or keep on driving a corolla. Look out for the corolla on ebay

Total Downloaded
    Hi Sleepy
    Think I need a new forum name too lol

JDNSW is offline RoverLord Silver Subscriber
    Total Downloaded
    Looks rather good.

John
    John

JDNSW
    1986 110 County 3.9 diesel
    1970 2a 109 2.25 petrol

Tommy Guest
    Holy Cow Mark, that 'old girl' looks incredibly good for her age.

Look after her

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by longing4alandy View Post
    Hi Tim, Slunnie,
    Yes, that was the one on ebay recently. I bid on it (needs a name asap) a year ago when the bloke I bought it from won it, it was the first vehicle I ever bid on!

This will become my daily driver, probably forcing me to ride my pushbike more often! I'll keep it as original as practical, but won't shy away from getting it dirty as often as I can. Wouldn't mind a 2.25D for economy reasons...

My options are to register the landy or keep on driving a corolla. Look out for the corolla on ebay
    Thats really cool then that after all of this time that it still eventually found its way into your hands.

When I first saw it on Ebay I was thinking that I would turn it into a hybrid on a Disco chassis, but it was too good for that. I dont think I've ever even seen (or noticed) one without indicators on the front wings. I'm glad that its having done to it what is most appropriate for it.
    Cheers
    Slunnie

~ Discovery II Td5 ~ Discovery 3dr V8 ~ Series IIa 6cyl ute ~ Series II V8 ute ~

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Slunnie View Post
    I dont think I've ever even seen (or noticed) one without indicators on the front wings.
    Hi Slunnie, those white lenses contain bi-filament bulbs, they double as blinkers and parkers. A nice touch of charm. Only the left one works at the moment though.

Thanks for the comments everyone, much appreciated.
    I will be sure to ask a bunch of 'how does this work' or 'what do I do here' questions over the next couple of weeks so please keep watch and add your thoughts where appropriate.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast