Thread: need help identifying this relay please

Total Downloaded

need help identifying this relay please

Hi all,

I got a strange noise from around the passenger footwell in my Disco 1 (300tdi) this afternoon and located it to a relay.
    Now, I dont know much about electrics, but I do know that relays are not really supposed to make noises - and after I had disconnected it and tried to find a number to identify the little thing, I actually got a few drops of liquid out of it...??

I have absolutely no clue what it is, and numerous searches for the numbers on the little rubber sleeve do not give me any answers either.

Would be fantastic help if someone has a name, number or description for my newest friend

Highly appreciated,

Simone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Total Downloaded
    Hi Simone,

It could be the front blower motor relay. If you turn the blower on with this relay unplugged, does it work? If it doesn't, we're on the right track.

You weren't wrong about the Denso numbers being hard to get information on. I typed in another part number and got the following address with a picture of your relay:

Övrigt Relä - LandRover Discovery -98 - W287078

It appears though, that the part may have been replaced with Denso number 058700-4600 for the Disco II front blower. It looks identical to yours, but once again, the majority of hits on Google for this number come from Germany and Sweden.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Regards,
    Darren

Total Downloaded
    Thanks for your efforts, Darren.

Have also "decided" it must be the front blower motor.
    First clue was that after cleaning and drying the relay the heater wouldnt work anymore, and after a few frustrating days I sat down saturday morning, got the wiring diagrams out and had a close look for the colours of the wires going into the relay and about 6 cups of coffee later I tracked it down to be the front blower motor.

Now hoping to be able to take some time off work to hop down to a wreckers who reckons I can get one out of a Disco in his yard....

Appreciated,

Simone