Thread: INJECTORS for 300 TDI

Total Downloaded

INJECTORS for 300 TDI

I have just brought a Disco Ser1 with a 300 TDI motor I have brought new head for it and was going to use the old injectors but the spray pattern on two are out to buggery Has any one ever had injectors rebuilt?, if so at what cost and success?

Hodgo

Total Downloaded

INJECTORS for 300 TDI

I am willing to share what I know. Hope it helps.

Our injectors have 2 operating pressures (it's relevant just wait), the first pressure is the pop pressure (200bar(could be psi)). The second is the operating pressure (???bar(psi?)).

Right so this is how I was explained it;
    My problem in Darwin is no one can test the operating pressure. (Also read they tell you this after doing only the pop test at $200! And they can't check spray pattern either).
    Anyway, the factory pop test pressure is 200 +/- 10%. The pop test tells you generally how healthily the injector springs are.

So here is how its relevant, if you have healthy injectors but with a poor spray pattern you could just replace the nozzles/tips. They are available on eBay and there is a tutorial from the UK on the interweb how to rebuild 200tdi injectors. 300tdi injectors are close enough to being the same.

But if you replace the nozzles you still then have to pop test the injectors to ensure correct unseating pressure (200+/- 10%).

So long story short i believe you can rebuild them.
    It's not expensive.
    Invest in a pop tester.
    Use a (very) clean area.

Just quickly;
    How do you know your spray pattern is poor?
    Have you run an injector cleaner through the fuel system?

Also with everything I have learnt if living in darwin and there is any doubt buy new ones from the UK. Don't mess around. It's not worth the time or money and the 4 new injectors, 2 stuffed ones and 3 good ones sitting in the shed are just a waste.

Cheers, Adam

Total Downloaded
    PS the closest to the same pressure at which the injectors operate is most desirable.

Highly fluctuating pressure leads to poor atomisation and that equals poor fuel economy, low power, and smoke.

Total Downloaded

New one I think is the way to go

The spray pattern is very obvious No2 I can see a very clean pattern on the piston head and No4 the piston is clean all over and the cylinder wall is a different colour to the rest I have just ordered 4 new injectors from the UK.

Hodgo

Total Downloaded

Price

Quote Originally Posted by hodgo View Post
    The spray pattern is very obvious No2 I can see a very clean pattern on the piston head and No4 the piston is clean all over and the cylinder wall is a different colour to the rest I have just ordered 4 new injectors from the UK.

Hodgo
    Can i ask how much you paid for them and also could you PM me details of vendor? that would be very kind

Thanks,

Larry

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Fausto79 View Post
    Can i ask how much you paid for them and also could you PM me details of vendor? that would be very kind

Thanks,

Larry
    This is one source:
    ERR3339 | Fuel injector - new - manufactured by Bosch - 300TDI