Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 300TDI Exhaust options?

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by koaster View Post
    Hey guys thanks for all your wonderful responses! Unfortunately i have hit a few new snags that will delay my exhaust system for the mean time.

New wheels went on and the lift isn't enough and the steering box is now leaking so have to rebuild.

But when the time is right i think i will change the center muffler to a high flow one and remove the last muffler completely. Running with either the stock width pipes or a 2 1/2 depending on what my guy can do.
    No good. Lets hope it is just a seal.

Sent from my GT-S7562L using AULRO mobile app

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Fausto79 View Post
    hey mate,

i didnt think that sounded like an attack. sorry if my writing might have given the wrong tone i didnt mean for it to be like that. i was trying to explain my rationale but there was never any ill feeling or defensiveness etc.

take care.
    All well, just read a little defensive. Too many general chat threads go south too quickly.

Sent from my GT-S7562L using AULRO mobile app

Total Downloaded
    I replaced the centre muffler on my D1 TDI auto in the middle of last year with a straight pipe,the improvement in performance is noticeable,it now takes off from the lights like a petrol vehicle,there is a little increase in exhaust noise but not a lot,the fuel economy has improved noticeably,as I do a fair amount of highway and semi-rural running I find that overtaking slower vehicles easier with increased and smoother power to do so,going by my Tacho 100 kph is at 2300rpm,and that 2500 (turbo cut in) is at 107 kph by my GPS,all in all I am very happy with it now and it only cost $90 to have the muffler replaced and it took the (good) muffler home with me

cheers.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleHo View Post
    I replaced the centre muffler on my D1 TDI auto in the middle of last year with a straight pipe

cheers.
    Did you just remove the muffler or carry out pump tweaks at the same time? Just curious as I have already tweaked pump and wondering if further gains can be had by removing centre muffler.
    Cheers
    Mark

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Discomark View Post
    Did you just remove the muffler or carry out pump tweaks at the same time? Just curious as I have already tweaked pump and wondering if further gains can be had by removing centre muffler.
    Cheers
    Mark
    i think you would do the pump tweaks after any job like this. the only way to kow for sure is to put it on dyno. but im sure retweaking after the exhaust work you would get a little more out of it. maybe just the exhaust difference.

i am waiting till i have done all the work i want in mine before tweaking pump. i have an ems2 to install as well. looking forward to it once i get this clutch and rear main finally done.

caught me off guard at what a big job it actually is. been a while since ive pulled gearboxes out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123