Thread: Back in a disco 😍

Total Downloaded

Back in a disco 😍

Hi guys well I was never a massive contributor on the forum so most won't know me. But about 5 years ago I owned a 97 300tdi disco which I sold ages ago... Now Iv bought a 94 3.9ltr 5spd and I'm loving it
    So much power with extractors, full 2.5 exhaust and an aftermarket cam....

I do however have a few issues.
    1) oil leaks lol bloody land rovers leaking haha so can anyone tell me roughly how much it's cost them to get a workshop to do there rear main seal? I'm able to do it myself but I really can't be bothered and don't have time...

2) on cold start she coughs and splutters and won't idle, once warm she idles and runs great. Someone has already suggested idle control valve just wondering if anyone can verify or ad any other possibilities?

Thanks in advance guys

Roverlord off road spares is offline AT REST
    Major part of the heart and soul of AULRO.com
    Vendor

Subscriber
    Total Downloaded
    Re the rough running before warm up.
    Remove the IAC (Stepper) and give it and the hole inside a good clean with carby cleaner. refit and have a feel behind the plennum near the IAC and check the small hose hasn't come off..
    Re rear seal depends on the hour rate of work shop but expect a days labour $700 - 1000
    Cheers,
    Mario

Total Downloaded
    That's awesome info mario thanks mate I'll have a look on the weekend cheers.

Total Downloaded
    Its easy to do...they get a bit gummed up. I personally wouldnt worry about slow leaks. Just check diff and trans oils at services if you are concerned about rate of loss...if very slow you can top up every 40k or whatever works.

Cheers