Thread: d1 v8 shuts down at idle

Total Downloaded

d1 v8 shuts down at idle

the problem started when about 1 month ago i came home from work one wet night . next day no start replaced ignition module started but then had a miss no 2 post on dizzy arcing onto air con . checked cap no 2 post burnt out ,replaced cap rotor leads started idled perfectly no miss idle for about 10 minutes then stalled . started again idled then shut down . checked coil was in spec but coil pickup in dizzy is reading 15.20 ohms on 20k setting on multimeter which works out to be 15200 ohms when spec says 2 to 5000 ohms could this be causing the stalling when engine is hot . took the reading from connection next to dizzy red and blue wires go to it

Total Downloaded
    Don't know exactly what's causing your car to shut down but here's my thread on fixing Lucas module disease (new aftermarket modules are even worse) in V8 dissies.

Lucas ignition amplifier replacement by Bosch 024

In particularly the post on diagnosis, some of which is also relevant to the OEM style module.

Lucas ignition amplifier replacement by Bosch 024

Total Downloaded

hi bee utey

tested new lucas amp reading 13 volts at negative side of terminal with ignition off . now shutting down within 1 minute of start up. do you sell the bosch conversion kits?

Total Downloaded
    Any decent auto parts place should be able to to supply the BIM024 module, even get them off ebay. Not a real kit as such.

Read Bee Utey's write up for the how too's. Mounted mine to a chunk off alloy plate mounted to the inner guard.