Thread: TD5 airbag compressor water?

Total Downloaded

TD5 airbag compressor water?

My wifes TD5 7 seater with rear airbags has signs of moisture in the airbag compressor, Its had 2 new compressors in 5 years and when I pulled the compressor to pieces it had been damaged by water (bearings flogged out) all the air lines are in good nick, is that a filter or water separater mounted on the chassis just to the rear of the compressor? or any Idear where to look Thanks

Total Downloaded
    There is a filter etc behind the LHR tail lamp assembly. Just unscrew it and you will see it.
    Are you in the tropics? This is a problem for any compressor operating in high humidity.

JC
    The Isuzu 110. Solid and as dependable as a rock, coming soon with auto box😊
    The Range Rover L322 4.4.TTDV8 ....probably won't bother with the remap..😈

Total Downloaded
    I am not familiar with that setup, but is it possible to fit a Silica Gel in-line drier cartridge before the compressor?

Easy to make. A piece of copper or brass tube with some sort of fittings on each end & accessible to enable refilling or regeneration.

Make two or three & keep them as a changeover & recharge or regenerate as required.

eg.

http://www.conditcompany.com/desiccant.shtml

Total Downloaded
    Pulled out the tail light checked the filter the foam in it was a bit damp funny since we havent had rain for a while seems to be a bad spot as any road spray could mist into that void. I relocated it in the cabin behind the panel at the very back of the car so no water will get in it now unless I try to cross the Jardine river,

Total Downloaded
    You haven't mentioned where you are located but it sounds up North.
    Assuming you have the air cond. on a lot, that seems an ideal place to draw it's air from, inside the cabin & therefore drier than the ambient outside.

Could be a great improvement to your problem.

Total Downloaded
    A new filter assembly is only about $21, so worth replacing anyway. For that you get the plastic tub containing filter and the pipe all the way to the quick disconnet, good value in LR terms I reckon

Also Check the quick disconnect at the bottom nr the exhaust muffler.

Check this out..
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/discovery/...tml#post844286

Also, The air dryer is the large cylinder under the compressor cover, the small cylinder is the compressor.