Thread: Hankook Tyres

Total Downloaded

Hankook Tyres

Hi
    I have just returned from a 4,500 km trip to Jindabyne and back to Hobart. On the way up at Albury I purchased 4 235/60/18 Hankook RF10 AT tyres from Jax Tyres at $242 each.

What a tyre!! Much quieter than continentals and excellent performer in the wet and snow and very good grip climbing steep rocky tracks. This trip gave the car a very good work out and I am very impressed.

The car is also very tough. I whacked an Eastern Grey Kangaroo and the only damage was a broken headlight spray unit. I have just been quoted $95 to replace it!! When I took out a hare in a Subaru the whole font end was sprung.

Roger

Total Downloaded
    I put these on the wife's amarok (265/60/18), great value for money, have performed well offroad as well as on road.

Total Downloaded
    Thanks for the reviews guys.. Good to know.. Am looking to change in June/July ready for the next school holidays .. Was quoted $309 for General AT grabbers.. Hankook is a lot cheaper...hmm ..

Total Downloaded
    I've got General Grabber AT2's on my Jeep and really impressed with them. Aggressive looking pattern and good traction with no noise.

Total Downloaded
    I hope the Hancook people read this.
    I run Hancook tyres on two cars. They are good tyres. My Hancook tyres on the Commodore are worn out and need replacing. These tyres have been good tyres. Not as good as the Bridgestones I used to run on it (those tyres are no longer made) but I have been very happy with them despite they sent the tyre dealer a different size than was ordered.
    Anyway, I rang the tyre fellow today. "A new set of Hancooks please and the right size this time."
    "Are you sure?" he said. "They have supply problems and charge a 10% restocking fee. If they don't have the tyres you want, you'll have to pay 10% to send them back AND then wait ten weeks to see if they get the tyres you want."
    "I'll go the Maxxis." I said.
    I wish they'd improve their customer (the tyre fitters are the customers in this case) service.

Total Downloaded
    You will be happy with the Maxxis. I've been running Maxxis on my FL1 and very happy with them. The ones I have are a road pattern but I never go off Road in it. When the Bridgestone wear out on my FL2 (sooner the better. Noisy terable tyres) it will be getting Maxxis

Sent from my GT-I9295 using AULRO mobile app
    It doesn't leak oil, Its sweating power

Total Downloaded

Federal Couragia FX tyres 18"

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with these tyres, specs same as continentals, have had good reports from other SUV drivers?.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by woko View Post
    You will be happy with the Maxxis. I've been running Maxxis on my FL1 and very happy with them. The ones I have are a road pattern but I never go off Road in it. When the Bridgestone wear out on my FL2 (sooner the better. Noisy terable tyres) it will be getting Maxxis

Sent from my GT-I9295 using AULRO mobile app
    I've had Maxxis AT700's on for a while and not really happy with them. The sidewalls get damaged very easily off road. I've gone through 3 so far. I originally had 4 on my Jeep but replaced them with the General Grabber AT2's. That gave me 4 spares for the FL2 as they use the same size tyre which is rather lucky really.

Total Downloaded
    Just fitted 4 Hankook ATM rf10 tyres in 235/60/18 at Donnellans Box Hill to my Freelander 2. At $225 a corner I consider them a bargain! A lot quieter than my factory goodyears.. And a lot more comfortable on the tarmac.. Can't wait to get them out on the trails..thank-you Hankook for coming to the aid of us with 18inch rims.

Total Downloaded
    I have these in 255/55/19 on my D4 and so far been very happy with them too.
    Mark

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most

2015 TDV6 D4.... the latest project... Llams, Traxide, Icom 455, Tuffant Kimberleys and Mofos.... so far.
    2012 SDV6 SE D4 with some stuff... gone...
    2003 D2a TD5...gone...
    2000 D2 V8...gone...
    https://bymark.photography