Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Freelander 2 Access

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    A question for the Mods ............ Is it possible for this thread to be moved to the Freelander 2 sub-forum? I just thought that if moved, it would be easier for someone to locate if they found themselves in a similar situation.
    Xtreme
    Was that your key in the last pic?

Good result.
    L322 tdv8 poverty pack - wow
    Perentie 110 wagon ARN 49-107 (probably selling) turbo, p/steer, RFSV front axle/trutrack, HF, gullwing windows, double jerrys etc.
    Perentie 110 wagon ARN 48-699 another project
    Track Trailer ARN 200-117
    REMLR # 137

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by rar110 View Post
    Xtreme
    Was that your key in the last pic?

Good result.
    Certainly was/is. I now know that when the car is locked and you use the 'tailgate open' button on the remote that it only 'releases' the tailgate to gain access but it doesn't 'unlock' it.
    I now need to buy a spare key fob (car only came with one) & have it programmed.

It was found in the same position as Tusker's - see post #5 - after eventually getting the tailgate open, thanks mainly to advice from Cambo351.
    Another case of the AULRO community assisting each other and displaying the true Land Rover camaraderie. :
    Roger

Total Downloaded
    I did a similar thing on a camping trip. The RRV doors were locked but the tailgate was open. After a shower I threw my shorts in the back with the keys in a pocket and closed the tailgate. The next morning when I told my wife of my stuff up, she produced a 2nd key from her bag. What a relief!
    L322 tdv8 poverty pack - wow
    Perentie 110 wagon ARN 49-107 (probably selling) turbo, p/steer, RFSV front axle/trutrack, HF, gullwing windows, double jerrys etc.
    Perentie 110 wagon ARN 48-699 another project
    Track Trailer ARN 200-117
    REMLR # 137

Total Downloaded
    While your at it, you might as well rebuild the key you have. If it isn't already, it'll start sticking in the ignition slot. It's pretty worn by the look of it.

Blank fobs, just the plastic, are very cheap ex UK. Grab a new battery off Ebay, it's a Panasonic 3v item. Split the fob, desolder the old battery & solder in the new, then swap the circuit board into new case. It'll work without reprogramming.

Regards
    Max P

Total Downloaded
    You wouldn't be surprised at how often this happens, you can also do the same with Jags up to the time they went "keyless". I've done it myself a couple of times...

For this reason I now have a spare key hidden on my cars, I'm not going to say where publicly of course
    Freelander 2 HSE 3.2L - BUILD THREAD
    Jaguar XKR 4.2L S/C - Jaguar XJR 4.2L S/C - MINI Cooper S

Old Jaguar Australia - www.facebook.com/oldjaguarau
    Upgrades and retrofits for late model Land Rover and Jaguar vehicles. www.oldjaguar.com

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    While your at it, you might as well rebuild the key you have. If it isn't already, it'll start sticking in the ignition slot. It's pretty worn by the look of it.

Blank fobs, just the plastic, are very cheap ex UK. Grab a new battery off Ebay, it's a Panasonic 3v item. Split the fob, desolder the old battery & solder in the new, then swap the circuit board into new case. It'll work without reprogramming.

Regards
    Max P
    Thanks Max, interesting that you observed that it is "pretty worn" - I assume that it's one of the originals so has had six + years of use and it is already regularly sticking in the ignition slot.
    I had seen the covers while searching Ebay for a complete spare and was considering buying a new cover which, after your suggestion, I will now do.
    Roger

Total Downloaded
    What an introduction to your new vehicle. I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the Freelander 2 as time moves on.
    Simon

95 Defender HCPU 130

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123