Thread: RRC colour choice help

Total Downloaded

RRC colour choice help

thinking of repainting my old RR mayaswell put an original colour back on?
    I thought that metallic pinkish "coral glow" is pretty sensational or maybe the "satin green"/ silver slate metallic what do you think
    would be good to get a better idea
    can anyone post some pictures ??

Total Downloaded
    4 door, 2 door, age, going to see a lot of offroad use/will it get scratched a lot?

Total Downloaded

RRC colour chiice help

Agree with Chivalry .... what is the model of your classic and what's the current colour.

Keeping it the original colour adds value ...But at the end of the day its your final choice that matters.

Funnily enough the colours chosen (at rhe factory) are normally extensively tested before a model is released as a colour can look good on a sample but dosen't suit the shape of the vehicle.

Cheers

Baggy

Total Downloaded
    Older paintwork, well cut-back and polished to the nth degree looks nicer than a second-rate respray. Metallics can be problematical though.

What he said, a colour change is very risky because it's difficult to get every little nook and cranny...

But if your new ride is going to be a pure bush-basher...Whatever ! - White or the sandy shades seem to carry well.

Total Downloaded
    defiantly not offroading!! I like the look of it and only really drive it around the city car is an 84' two door..bit of a garage queen
    check the colours out on this webpage

Range Rover Australia - Range Rover Classic

Total Downloaded
    The best looking alternative colour on a classic IMHO is British racing green.

All mine are white which I prefer the most but several different shades were used over the years.

Total Downloaded

RRC colour choice help

2 Door classics are becoming rare in reasonable condition.

I'd suggest if its a town car only I'd keep it in its original colour as it
    will be worth it in the long run.

Are you going to do the paint job yourself or were you going to get someone else to do it?

Some pictures of your 2 door wouldn't go astray

Cheers

Baggy

Total Downloaded
    you can always stick with colours similar to original choices, but with a modern flare. 2pack metallics come in so many colours, and 3 layer pearls (and suprisingly easy to touch up if you know how) if you like the red, you can try something like velocity red from the mazdas, nice toned red, will not fade as base coat/clear coat 2 pack system, and the metallics add a bit of a modern flare.
    if you want a satin colour, be careful as satin/matt paints are not very good to touch up/fix blemishes as they cannot be polished.
    but sometimes, just using orignal colours, but with modern paints gives the colour a depth quality that old paint types were lacking.
    also take into consideration if you will be doing it yourself, or using a professional. using a professional with a spray booth will widen your choice of colours and the quality of the job you will get, doing it yourself limits you to acrylic paint choices. (i personally dislike acrylic paint, much prefer 2pack paint but it is what i was trained with)
    there are also programmes around on the internet which you can use to change the colour of your car from photos, photoshop, and i believe house of colour has a programme through their website? they used to i am fair sure. or just google and see if you can find the colour you like on cars like your own, or others. some colours work well on some shapes but do not match others. take the chamelean(cannot spell today) paint for example, cars with curves really set it off. best car ive ever seen that type of paint on was an old beetle.
    good luck

Total Downloaded
    Garage Queen ?: - In that case, you should go the whole hog and learn the dying art of brush-application.

Rolls Royce used to use it, early last century. Am told that the 'depth' can look like inches...

Coachpainting Info

- Note the references to Land Rover, particularly to his own Series 2.