Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: long range tank

Total Downloaded
    D9Oh,
    Looks good with the rock sliders and aux tank.

In your opinion, will this tank be at risk of puncture in offroad conditions?

Total Downloaded

Tank Clearance

Maybe, it sits at 400mm off the ground, main chassis rails are at 350mm and the rock sliders are at 500mm, so a bit lower than the side but still above the chassis rails. It would have to be a big rock directly behind the line of the front wheel so maybe at that point I should stop and go around
    Heading bush for 8 days via Coolgardie, Norseman and Lake Ballard in the West, so will see if it is still OK when I get back.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by D9Oh.. View Post
    Hi JayBo,

After coming out to look at your tank fitment in 2013 I finally got around to doing mine ready for an extended trek. Found the Mulgo Y-Filler and the whole tank fitment pretty easy. Secured the fuel lines up against the body work so hopefully all goes well.
    Photos attached
    Glad it all worked out well for you mate. Have a nice trip. Hope it's not too wet for you - I hear the teams in the Oz Safari got a bit of water up around the Murchison, but you might be okay heading East.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by D9Oh.. View Post
    Hi JayBo,

After coming out to look at your tank fitment in 2013 I finally got around to doing mine ready for an extended trek. Found the Mulgo Y-Filler and the whole tank fitment pretty easy. Secured the fuel lines up against the body work so hopefully all goes well.
    Photos attached
    Reviving an older thread as I"m considering the auxiliary tank option again...

Has anyone fitted both the left and right hand side dolium/ Frontrunner tanks in a 90 without cutting a new filler on either side? I'm obviously keen on the Mulgo Y-filler and from the above post the setup is pretty clear how to get to the right hand side tank. (although another picture of passing over the outrigger would be great?)

The left hand side is however a bit of an interesting one in terms of plumbing and pipe routing... Would you install a manual shuttle type valve or just an open second Y just after the Mulgo Y and go over the OEM tank (next to the original filler pipe) to the other side (LHS) and then follow the chassis rail to the new tank?

The other option would be a "balancing" link RHS to LHS between the two tanks midway under the car somewhere with the LHS one only filling up after the RHS one is full? Not sure how you would achieve this and keep the pipe safe from harm though...

All comments and suggestions appreciated!

Cheers,

Lou

Total Downloaded
    Lou,I was going to do it but can't see how you could run the filler pipe across,if you did a 1'' body lift you could do it or try running hose to a rectangle steel section of tube across the original tank or the cross member for the rear seat box,the issue is getting it to flow across while filling. Pat

Total Downloaded
    Hi Pat,

Foresaw the same issue...

I was thinking about the option of a filler pipe over the top/ front of the 90's existing tank to the LHS and then forward to auxiliary tank (somehow avoiding the exhaust on that corner). You will however need to manage the fuel between filler pipe no 2 and 3 once it's split by the Mulgo Y...

Cheers,

Lou

Total Downloaded
    I did it, or should I say Murray from Rijidij helped me out a bit. I will try and post photos that Murray sent me tonight. They are on my laptop. You do have to buy some extra hose. Worked a treat. If you live near Geelong area give Murray a call and see if he has a spare hour to get it sorted for you. He has a website.
    [SIGPIC]

2012 LR Defender 90 (BERT) Gone
    2012 Husqvarna WR 300
    2014 FPV F6 Gone
    2005 D3 SE V8
    2011 D4 V8
    2016 Moto Guzzi California Audace.

Total Downloaded
    Have you seen how we installed 2 sill tanks in our Defender.

http://www.aulro.com/afvb/projects-t...nks-take2.html

Erich

Total Downloaded
    Hi Carl,

Unfortunately in WA, but there are a few guys this side that can help as well.

I would however much appreciate the photographs as there would be no point in reinventing the wheel if Murray had solved the problem!

Cheers,

Lou

Total Downloaded
    I have been thinking of using a surplus Perentie tank (which fills from halfway up the rear end of the tank) on my dual cab 6X6.

Given the position of the filler neck below the top of the tank, the breather is required to be vented to allow for a complete fill. The problem is that the breather will have to drop down below the rear floor before it can rise up again to the filler neck.

What do people do with under seat tanks on 5 door 110s or dual cab 130s?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast