Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1984 2 door questions

Total Downloaded

1984 2 door questions

I am trying to get parts and some background info's about my 84 2 door classic before restoration end of next year. I noticed Epic Dargon's RR has the same mirrors like mine mounted further back than UK spec. Was this the correct AUS spec?
    Has someone pictures of an AUS spec 19D engine bay? Seems they are some differences too...
    Thanks m

Total Downloaded
    The following link may be of help to you:

Range Rover Australia - Range Rover Classic

The mirrors you mention do not look like the standard items fitted to Australian vehicles, and not sure what the engine changes were from my 1977 356D.

I have also found Famous Four in the UK useful for tracking down hard to get trim pieces, like re-manufactured seat plinth trim covers - postage not cheap though! Also managed to get a copy of the owners manual from them. Good luck with the restoration.
    Cheers Nigel

Total Downloaded
    Pretty sure 84's were imported whole from the UK.

I know the 81 I stole the body from was assembled in Sydney from a 'cough, cough' kit of some description.

DL

Total Downloaded
    The VIN says it is a UK build one but I guess the mirrors must be OZ spec otherwise I would not have found several RR's with similar looking mirrors mounted further back. m

Total Downloaded
    Another great Range Rover website is the following:

range rover classic

If you click on the more tab at the top right, then original parts book in the drop down list, in the chassis tab at page 75 on are the door mounted mirrors that were offered in the UK.

Mine has the early type for use with integral nut plates mounted in the doors, and these are directly below the quarter light rear frame, whereas the other mirrors with wellnut fixings seem to be mounted further forward as shown on page 76.

Total Downloaded

1984 2 Door questions

Hi All,

These are the original mirrors on my 81 RRC 2 door.

Cheers

Baggy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Total Downloaded
    Seems they bolted on whatever was in the parts bin!
    Mine

Total Downloaded

1984 2 door question

100 inch ...Not far off the mark with your comment.

Many RRC 2 Doors were CKD crated to Oz and assembled here.

Mines a 3 speed auto converted by Winterbottom Fauls in Perth for a cocky. Has an Automatic badge on the tailgate.

It has a H/Duty Borg Warner 35 and all write ups at the time suggested that the auto didn't loose anything on the manual over the 1/4 mile.

They wernt designed for speed....2 1/2 tons and as air dynamic as a brick but the 3.5v8 lopes along beautifully in the rough stuff with the burble of the v8 adding to the sweet experience.

2 Door classics are getting rare in reasonable condition.....and one of the few rovers that are appreciating in value if you can find one.

We had the 65 year Landrover run in Perth last year and there was only 2 x 2Dr Classics out of 120+ vehicles.

Cheers

Baggy

Total Downloaded
    Hi Baggy,
    It is not my business to tell people what do to with their cars. I wanted a classic RR for 'everyday' use (hence the 5speed) and I am pretty sure it will not drop too much in value. I learned my lesson selling my 2door in 92! Big mistake!
    m

Total Downloaded
    Few more pics

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast