Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TD5 fuel pump maintence and repair tutorial

Total Downloaded
    I have included in my spare kit a piece of in tank fuel hose, a couple of hose clamps and two new O rigs. This way I just cut the old hose and put new on.

nvydvr. I take it that it is running fine with the new pump?

How long/km has it been in?
    Dave.

I was asked " Is it ignorance or apathy?" I replied "I don't know and I don't care."

1983 RR gone (wish I kept it)
    1996 TDI ES.
    2003 TD5 HSE
    1987 Isuzu County

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by d2dave View Post
    I have included in my spare kit a piece of in tank fuel hose, a couple of hose clamps and two new O rigs. This way I just cut the old hose and put new on.

nvydvr. I take it that it is running fine with the new pump?

How long/km has it been in?
    Hi Dave,

Good idea re the hose just in case. It would suck having all the spare parts in the world only to be held back by a hose or clamp!

I only put the pump in earlier today and only about 50-60km's under its belt. Its a quiet pump (well compared to my last one) and running sweet. It picked up the fuel fast during the purge process and prob would have started after the first 2 cycles.

Total Downloaded
    Ok, update # 2.

After 1 month & 1 day with this pump in the disco I have just had to switch it out.

Headed off earlier today (ironically to pick up a new starter solenoid repair kit) and noticed it was lacking power slightly when under load. When I hit the highway was when I really noticed it not revving past 2900 +/-. Enough to get around but also had to slow to 80kph up hills.

Firstly checked the MAF sensor & bypassed the boost solenoid to no avail. Switched out the pump as I knew it was boost or fuel related and now all fixed.

Could well be bad luck, however I would recommend these pumps are used as an emergency only unless someone else has some long term data on them.

Hope this helps somebody.

Total Downloaded
    Hi nvydvr, sorry to hear this news re that pump. If you still have it is there a chance you can pop an end off to see what failed with a pic or two. The price we pay for being early adopters. Cheers Geoff

Total Downloaded
    Anyone else running these pumps had a failure?
    Or vice verca?
    The Phantom - Oslo Blue 2001 Td5 SE.
    Half dead but will live again!

Nina - Chawton White 2003 Td5 S
    Slowly being improved

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    You worry me sometimes Muppet!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123