Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Isuzu MSA Gearbox to LT230

Total Downloaded
    Interesting engineering. If simply as an idea (rather than a purchase) then I would go Dougals route - but is still captive either way ie t/c off if breaks. If purchased then lots of work yet to be done so my guess approaching a thousand dollars if not more. This is how I understand it.

IMGP3234.jpg

Rakeway have this (half way down). Looked at this when could not get hold of Sheldon to get a kit. The closest to our idea of field serviceable - but their overall design is not field serviceable. The SAE10 slides into the drive flange via a spline set - the SAE10 is then bolted securely into the flange. Again captive, t/c off if it breaks. Got to mate the LRover flange to a second flange so you can mate it to the Isuzu flange. Might work. I would not bolt the SAE10 to the drive flange but use detent or c clip as discussed earlier to hold in place. Then maybe you have something. But from memory when I enquired they could machine a different flange, but as a one off again very very expensive. Even their unit as you see it is not cost effective from memory given what ever adapting you may have to do. Guess you could go remote mount but all the extra work!?

off road race transfer box motorsport

PS I have a 1990 troopy

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I was waiting for you to chime in, don't worry, 79 series keeps popping up in the back of my head all the time
    8000kms, open bonnet to top up washer fluid. 3500kms of that was doing project for depi up Donnelly creek

It drives well, only real downside is the turning arc...it's not sharp enough to call it a turning circle

Total Downloaded
    Yes quite an arc, my lse has similar.
    They're thirsty as well if chipped and towing over 95kph

Total Downloaded
    Yes quite an arc, my lse has similar.
    They're thirsty as well if chipped and towing over 95kph
    Even not chipped and not towing, I was getting about 2x the fuel consumption of my D1 wagon in a 79 series wagon. However it does have almost twice the motor (but half the features).

The 79 series really needs a 6th gear though.

Total Downloaded
    Company vehicle, company fuel.....gauge goes down.....put more in

Yea, not the greatest on fuel, I want a 1hd-fte dual cab, assembled from factory

Total Downloaded
    Yeah but you still have to pay for that fuel

Total Downloaded
    Yeah but you still have to pay for that fuel
    Just make more money, easy

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by rovercare View Post

....I want a 1hd-fte dual cab, assembled from factory
    ***sigh ***

:-(

Jc
    The Isuzu 110. Solid and as dependable as a rock, coming soon with auto box😊
    The Range Rover L322 4.4.TTDV8 ....probably won't bother with the remap..😈

85 county is offline AULRO Holiday Reward Points Winner!
    Total Downloaded
    My 10c worth

bee utey and Isuzurover are on the money, but i differ on the solution.

i see nothing wrong with gubbs adaptor. though i would have seen more of a transition to wasted shaft. IE i would like to see a longer wasted shaft. i would NOT like to see Harding. more wasted shaft allowing for more torsional flex.

IE why are you more likely to break the left fount axle than any other, because its shorter.
    hardening adds brittle. a bit like comparing County CVs to ashcrofts. ashrofts are stronger but softer. they will wear out faster then county CVs.

alinement's. with out seeing any of the kits, and relying on photos posted here.

it would be interesting to run a dial gage over the output flange once bolted on. it would also be interesting to run a dial gage over the end of the adaptor shaft once that was bolted on and floating.

it would not take much wear/ crap on the msa output spline or output flange to induce a misalignment which could become quite large over the length of the adaptor.
    this would be my first suspect

second suspect would be the adaptor housing alinement. once again easy to check, this the same potential issues. to much sealant or lack of, a bit of dirt etc could have the same disastrous results.

i suspect, based on the limited information gleamed from this and the other threads that there is a reaction to blame the actual adaptor to quickly.

if my assumptions ar correct then we as an isuzu community may have just losed a supplier. this would not be the first example of someone making or supplying a good item. but due to poor installation is no longer a supplier.

Total Downloaded
    85county, thanks for the observations, irrelevant now, as I think this thread has morphed or moved on to 79 cruisers, as being less of a problem...

I believe I'm aware now of 3 Sheldon casings that have been re-welded. Shafts unduly worn as a result - but not broken.

Can't comment on Outcast end float as mine is not yet permanently fitted. Can only refer you to the real life workouts discussed by Outcast.

In current applicatoin Outcast casing is run dry, so no seals or goo needed. But can be run wet if ever a decision is made to abandon the transfer case seal to allow for large input shaft diameter.

Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast