Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dash trim kits.

Total Downloaded

Dash trim kits.

Hi guys just to know your thoughts and experiances. Has anyone tried those dash kits you can get from America, where you just stick on wood trim or finish of your choice. My L322 has that metalic silver sparkly stuff on a lot of the trim and in places it is just scratching off, looks grubby and is just black plastic underneath, would those plastic stickon covers be worth considering or should i just scratch all the glitter off and leave it Tojo black? Your thoughts please.

Total Downloaded
    Have a look here. Everything you should need

Powerful UK

Gary

Total Downloaded
    Yes i have looked at that site, also CARiD they carry all sorts of bits, what i was asking for was if anyone had put their advertising to the practical test and if so what was their impressions, there are also heaps of kits on ebay, different makes etc. Some are obviously better than others, if someone has tried a paticular make, how did you find it?

Total Downloaded

I have one arriving

Quote Originally Posted by Davie View Post
    Hi guys just to know your thoughts and experiances. Has anyone tried those dash kits you can get from America, where you just stick on wood trim or finish of your choice. My L322 has that metalic silver sparkly stuff on a lot of the trim and in places it is just scratching off, looks grubby and is just black plastic underneath, would those plastic stickon covers be worth considering or should i just scratch all the glitter off and leave it Tojo black? Your thoughts please.
    I have a U.S. kit arriving next week & a set of chrome door handles that clip and stick over the painted ones. I will post some pics when I recieve it cost $118 free freight. Door handles $42
    Attached Images Attached Images

Total Downloaded
    Look forward to seeing what you got Mike, can you take some befor and after pics.
    I looked at a couple of how to videos and it doesn,t look too hard, i also watched one yesterday where a bloke stuck a cover with led lights over his wingmirrors, looked classy but maybe more the Claremont cruiser type.lol2

Total Downloaded

Wood trim

Im heading bavk to Sydney in a few days they should have arrived by then plus im geting the new multi media system fitted as well .

Total Downloaded
    I've used a couple of Powful Uk bits; interior door pull covers in "walnut". They are plastic and stick over existing handles; look ok and have been there heavy use now for about 18 months- no signs of wear.
    Rest of dash, I bought a used kit of genuine walnut dash and door trims; found a s/h walnut and leather steering wheel-- that is just beaut for driving/great feel.
    Outside door handle covers are polished stainless steel- same stick over original handles,; they needed a little attention with fine stone as edges were sharp, prior to fitting.
    Just need some window switch covers-- powful have similar walnut look stick-overs; one day soon.

Total Downloaded

Smile

Sounds good, pics please, the car does make you want to dress it up doesn,t it . These are the sort of bits that need covering>

By the way Mike how did you manage to get a RHD kit from USA, every kit that i looked at specified that it was for LHD only and aparantly the window sill is also different in the LHD, let me know how you go.

Total Downloaded

Rhd

Quote Originally Posted by Davie View Post
    Sounds good, pics please, the car does make you want to dress it up doesn,t it . These are the sort of bits that need covering>

By the way Mike how did you manage to get a RHD kit from USA, every kit that i looked at specified that it was for LHD only and aparantly the window sill is also different in the LHD, let me know how you go.
    Yes they have 2 adds on ebsy Rhd & Lhd .

Total Downloaded
    The trims from Powerful UK are mostly genuine or "rigid"plastic covers, not the flexible types, from memory.
    these plastic stick-overs on door latches in photo; saggy door pulls recovered by local upholsterer.
    genuine LR walnut side air vents, down both sides centre, door pockets.
    S steel outer door handles.
    Powerful clear side indicators .
    genuine LR chrome vents.

Next upload:
    geuine LR nudge bar: stainless steel tubes, rubber risers/main
    And my ex Jag XJ6 sheepskin seat covers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast