Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lost my licence

Total Downloaded

lost my licence

hey i got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone at branxton but it was at 855 so it was a school zone but honest to god i didnt see the sign weather i just missed it or wether i was looking in my rear vision mirror at the guy tailgaitin me. i was driving the white defender but he wrote it down as a white jeep. i got 5 points and a $253 fine i will contest it because i did not know that there was a school there and i will need my licence to get to work experience and to get home from school as i do after school classes im ****ed as because i am a sensible driver but and i do scan the road and i have never had an infringement before but it was 100% accidental.by the way i was on my way to maitland to by shoes for school.not a good day or week

Total Downloaded
    I don't know if it is as easy for a speeding ticket... but for parking tickets and things of the like if they get the slightest detail wrong about your vehicle you walk free

So him putting down Jeep rather then Land Rover should work in your favor.

Total Downloaded
    yes if he got that wrong he may of got something else wrong. but he got the number plate and everything

Total Downloaded
    i dont know whether i can be bothered going to court but i am going to write a fairly in depth letter
    btw if you knew the road where i was done at you might understand how stupid of a school zone it is

Total Downloaded
    Well mate if you do they don't have a hope in Hattie's (no pun intended)...in going through with it ..and if it means your not losing your license then its worth the bother

cheers

Total Downloaded
    another interesting fact did you know that you are suppose to check your rear vision mirror every 5 seconds so it would be easy to miss a sign.also another thing that ****es me off about 2 months ago the defender got broken into and the cops said they were going to come out and finger print the car every day they said they will come out the next day but that never happened so how is it fair that they dont come out when it is their duty to but i get fined.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Grover-98 View Post
    I don't know if it is as easy for a speeding ticket... but for parking tickets and things of the like if they get the slightest detail wrong about your vehicle you walk free

So him putting down Jeep rather then Land Rover should work in your favor.
    That's actually a fallacy, and hasn't been the case for years.
    You can contest it, but that's more money and time than the ticket - even the large speeding ones.
    More often than not, now they will actually "re-issue" the infringement notice, with the correct details.

Schmeirer - School zones are there for a reason - pay more attention, and if you've got an issue, get a tissue (Just kidding mate)

They will sometimes waive points or penalties, believe it or not.
    Write a short succint letter, stick to the facts, and mentioned that you've never had a speeding fine or infringement notice, and that you need your licence for work.
    Also, send a copy to your State MP, and ask them for a letter of support on your behalf.

Good Luck mate

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by cucinadio View Post
    Well mate if you do they don't have a hope in Hattie's (no pun intended)...in going through with it ..and if it means your not losing your license then its worth the bother

cheers
    true that.does it cost anything to go to court though

Total Downloaded
    makes us angrier people

Total Downloaded
    Tony, sorry to hear your having a crap week.

I know exactly where the school zone is that you speak of, but I am stunned you didn't know it was there, it is pretty clearly sign posted, and unluckily for you, its a big favourite with the police, they patrol that one on average at least a few days a week.

As others have said, take it to court, admit you made a mistake, and you recognise the need for the school zones, and point out this is your first offence, I believe you can apply for exceptional circumstances if you genuinely need a vehicle, but since it was a school zone, it might be a tough ask.

Good luck with it.

Seano

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast