Thread: Swing away Tyre carriers

Total Downloaded

Swing away Tyre carriers

Not sure what happened but the Locking Pin in the Range Rover's swing away tyre carrier must had worked it's way loose.

I got into my Range rover and drove out of the carlingford car park this afternoon,right turn onto the side street , Gentle press of the Accelerator in 1st gear There was 2 council workers who had blocked off a section of the road who were watching me , one of em sitting down and working , while the other was pointing his finger straight at my car , I was rather puzzled why ?? so I planted my foot as I drove straight past them and not thinking much of it until I came up to the next left turn ,I turn at the next side street and then all of the suden B.A.N.G.....

What The ????????????

The swing away carrier had spun around and had come back to original position as I turned and hit the Rear bar ,geez it made a noise .... fortunately it didn't wipe out any parked cars otherwise it would have made a mess....
    Get out and secure carrier ,all Locked..drove around again to make sure I hadn't gently touched any parked cars in the previous street and find out how close I got to hit any parked cars,tell the council worker "pointing the finger" that I now realize why he was pointing says I got pretty close...

Total Downloaded
    I have had the same problem a few times. Dont know how I have missed wiping out a car or two. It has always been my fault though. I get tools out of the back 20-30 times a day and sometimes forget to lock the carrier before driving.

Total Downloaded
    Fortunately this doesn't happen too often with me , I'm anal about checking and double checking to make sure the swing away carrier is always locked with the locking Pin.

But not really sure, what happended this morning could have been an expensive trip to the Optometrist.