Thread: Heading for Gove

Total Downloaded

Heading for Gove

Sheila & I are flying up to Gove in a couple of weeks time ...just for a few days.

It is both Sharon's and Sheila's birthdays late April, so it will be a really good excuse for a bit of a celebration.

Looking forward to catching up with Derek & Dale and families while we are there ....and maybe a few new AULRO members as well

Erich

Total Downloaded
    have a good one Erich and Sheila.....

Must be nice not having to do the drive once in a while to see sharon
    Our Land Rover does not leak oil! it just marks its territory.......

Ean Austral Guest
    Gday Erich,
    Are you flying via Darwin or cairns,will be in Darwin unloading near the end of april, maybe in town when your going thru.
    If im not and you want some prawns to take back with you let me know and I can leave some in Darwin.

Cheers Ean

Total Downloaded
    We're flying through Cairns Ean. It will only be a quick trip this time. We will hopefully be driving up later in the year - maybe late June/early July - so if you are around and about then it would be good to catch up.

When are you planning on doing the CSR?

Thanks for the offer of prawns though. Our local seafood supplier has "Austfish" brand Banana prawns $42 a 3kg frozen box, they are quite nice too. The box looks identical to yours - apart from the name. Shame we can't get your prawns down here though as I'd much prefer to support you.

Cheers, Erich

Ean Austral Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundalene View Post
    We're flying through Cairns Ean. It will only be a quick trip this time. We will hopefully be driving up later in the year - maybe late June/early July - so if you are around and about then it would be good to catch up.

When are you planning on doing the CSR?

Thanks for the offer of prawns though. Our local seafood supplier has "Austfish" brand Banana prawns $42 a 3kg frozen box, they are quite nice too. The box looks identical to yours - apart from the name. Shame we can't get your prawns down here though as I'd much prefer to support you.

Cheers, Erich
    Gday Erich,
    We are doing the CSR departing Wiluna 26/june, should be an adventure.

I know the Austfish people, they are the 3rd biggest company in our fleet, thats a fair price so enjoy them..

Cheers Ean

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by dullbird View Post
    have a good one Erich and Sheila.....

Must be nice not having to do the drive once in a while to see sharon
    It does make a nice change - total flying time via Cairns is under 5 hours, whereas driving takes about 5 days! (Or less if Andy is co-driver)

Sharon & Alfred are meeting us in Gove, but unfortunately they won't be driving into town as the track is pretty crap at present. There is still a lot of rain falling up there.

However, the rain won't dampen our spirits while we are celebrating