Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum hypermilers?

Total Downloaded

Forum hypermilers?

My old man bought a new Triton last year and he reckons it won't get less than 13.0 L/100km (and that it's "my fault" because I persuaded him to get a diesel auto)

I've been using it for two weeks and I personally can't see the issue

Does anyone else occasionally hypermile?

Total Downloaded
    I do recall there was a Vic club fuel economy trip but it was highly regulated and the results were indexed.

It'd be good to do a more open run and see what the absolute maximum you can juice of out a LR is.

Total Downloaded
    I'm not sure how accurate that part of the Triton is I have the new 2.5 High out put and gets 12ltrs/100 towing 2.5 tons at 110 kmh and returns mid 10s when driven really hard with no trailer. Mine has 32" tyres etc. Mine is manual however

Tell your old man to check the fuel usage at the diesel pump and it may improve over that guess-o-meter.
    :Strange Rovers Down Under 4BD1T 120" 110 /3 Rangies:/ 3 series 1's/ 2 series 2's/2 series 3 88's/2
    series 3 109's and a heap of rice burners

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by B92 8NW View Post
    I do recall there was a Vic club fuel economy trip but it was highly regulated and the results were indexed.

It'd be good to do a more open run and see what the absolute maximum you can juice of out a LR is.
    I ran an Economy Run a few years ago with a range of Landys participating.

Full report is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Roger

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangier Rover View Post
    I'm not sure how accurate that part of the Triton is
    [snip]
    Tell your old man to check the fuel usage at the diesel pump and it may improve over that guess-o-meter.
    What he said... never trust a manufacturers guage over actual "litres in for kilometres out" measured at the fuel pump. I have yet to strike a manufacturers guage accurate all the time.

Total Downloaded
    We have a VW Passat diesel. Had a trip to Sydney a few weeks back. Filled up on Saturday morning near home, drove to Sydney up the Hume, 4 adult sized people with the very large boot crammed full. Sat 0n 110-130 most of the way as there was few police in NSW.
    We drove around for 2 days in Sydney then went for a trip to Katoomba.
    We filled up the following Friday, drove out to the Katoomba, Lithgow, Zig Zag railway then back to Sydney then drove home on Saturday. The trip home was slower because it was Easter and there was heaps of Police, especially in Vic. My wife drove around Melbourne for just over a week before needing more fuel.
    total of just under 2400 kms. We averaged almost dead on 5 litres per 100 kms for the 2 tanks of fuel.

(its interesting looking at the trip computer when you have driven a couple of hundred kms and it is reporting distance to empty of 1400 kms. A trip avoiding driving in any built up areas I suspect would have a usable range of around 1400 kms from less than 70 litres)

Total Downloaded
    occasionally i do...... crank the cruise up to 130km/h, turn the a/c on and enjoy the trip for an average 11L/100km

with a/c off and cruising at 100, i average 10.8L/100km!

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by B92 8NW View Post

I was a participant on that fuel economy run, returned a best of 9.08L/100 .
    MY08 TDV6 SE D3- permagrin ooh yeah
    2004 Jayco Freedom tin tent
    1998 Triumph Daytona T595
    1974 VW Kombi bus
    1958 Holden FC special sedan

Total Downloaded
    I was pretty pleased with the FL2 when I got it the gauge read 12.4 so god knows who was driving it before. obviously thrashing it around a bit.

When I gave it back I was getting 10.2 and that was doing 110 on cruise control with the AC on..constant. I don't think that's too bad considering on the sales window sticker that gives you its info the sticker said fuel economy 11.2

this was the petrol one it had i6 written on the back or something like that (so not sure if its a straight 6 or what)
    Our Land Rover does not leak oil! it just marks its territory.......

Total Downloaded
    I towed a single axle caravan from Horsham to Adelaide last week. I sat at about 103 - 110 the whole way.

My rough calculations were about 27 - 28 litres per hundred....
    Sounded good though, 3200 rpm in 4th gear...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast