Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Falcon EB series 2.

"Pintrellen" via Tintinara, Upper South East, S.A.
    Total Downloaded

Ford Falcon EB series 2.

Traveling to a job interview this afternoon I collected a deer, it jumped down from about a metre up and to my right and I hit it at about 100kms an hour. The damage is mainly in the centre and to the left hand side, there isn't any damage down the left or right hand sides but the bonnet, the grill, and the headlights and bumper are all had it.

Does anybody have a series 2 eb falcon that they are using for parts? Either that or one that isn't running that they want to sell, I can travel to pick it up if necessary. Thanks in advance everyone. I've looked on a few of the usual suspect websites such as fleabay but there doesn't seem to be much available.

Jonathan.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by jplambs View Post
    Traveling to a job interview this afternoon I collected a deer, it jumped down from about a metre up and to my right and I hit it at about 100kms an hour. The damage is mainly in the centre and to the left hand side, there isn't any damage down the left or right hand sides but the bonnet, the grill, and the headlights and bumper are all had it.

Does anybody have a series 2 eb falcon that they are using for parts? Either that or one that isn't running that they want to sell, I can travel to pick it up if necessary. Thanks in advance everyone. I've looked on a few of the usual suspect websites such as fleabay but there doesn't seem to be much available.

Jonathan.
    Have you tried Top Spot wreckers in Mt Gambier? No I don't know them well but I have bought there and they seem to be OK.

Total Downloaded
    Not yet, I'll see if they are working tomorrow, I got back after 5:30 tonight so I didn't think anything would be open. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jonathan.

Total Downloaded
    Oh dear .

Sorry, I have no idea where you can get parts like that locally but if you are prepared to travel, there's a few dead EA/EBs at my Dad's place outside Sydney.
    Scott

Total Downloaded
    I should have seen that coming Scouse. :P Sydney is a little further than I was thinking but if push comes to shove you never know. Thanks for the offer. Only problem is I now have to get the tow bar on my defender fixed up or I wont be picking up anything. Looks like the defender is going to become the daily driver a little sooner than I had anticipated.

VladTepes is offline Major Part of the Heart and Soul of AULRO Subscriber
    Total Downloaded
    My old EB is in the father in laws yard. Sadly that's in Brisbane.
    It's not broken. It's "Carbon Neutral".

gone

1993 Defender 110 ute "Doris"
    1994 Range Rover Vogue LSE "The Luxo-Barge"
    1994 Defender 130 HCPU "Rolly"
    1996 Discovery 1

current

1995 Defender 130 HCPU and Suzuki GSX1400

Total Downloaded
    Look in the local equivalent of "The Trading Post", e-bay, or the council's abandoned vehicle auctions. EB's are old enough to be in the throw away category.
    URSUSMAJOR

Total Downloaded
    Thanks for the suggestions folks, I tried top spot and the where a little dear, I then tried a wrecker at Murray Bridge who had some pretty good prices. After doing that I forced the bonnet and discovered that the radiator panel support was buckled and that the radiator was pressed up against the fan but by some miracle not damaged, that does explain why the engine started heating up when stationary.

It was a bit of a shock to discover that unlike a cruiser or a defender it's not possible to simply unbolt the radiator support, the whole thing is welded in. I'm getting a quote on getting it fixed at the panel beaters but I think its going to be a write off.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Oh dear .

Sorry, I have no idea where you can get parts like that locally but if you are prepared to travel, there's a few dead EA/EBs at my Dad's place outside Sydney.

you wouldnt happen to have any ef-el falcons there as well would you......?
    i need a steering wheel for the wifes el falcon.......

Total Downloaded
    His 'modern' Falcons (EF/EL/AU) are still in use.
    I'm down there on the weekend so I'll check out his stock of dead 'uns & let you know what's there.
    Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast