Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: another unecessary loss of life.

It'sNotWorthComplaining! Guest

another unecessary loss of life.

Today I passed the scene of an accident in Tecoma that claimed the life of a local woman in the early hours of the morning. To see her car embedded into house loft in a 60 kph zone. Reports said she was over taking another vehicle. Just seems incomprehensible how a car can get airborne, fly through the air and embed itself into someone's upper part of their house. The damaged caused might mean the house needs demolition.Such a stupid waste of life again .

Total Downloaded
    Saw the footage on the news tonight.
    How much energy is involved in getting a Ton of car airborne for what looked like 25 Meters and land 5 Meters up on a house roof?
    That's just insane! I shudder to think I share the roads with people like that.

Total Downloaded
    I also saw it tonight. Pretty amazing.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymie View Post
    Saw the footage on the news tonight.
    How much energy is involved in getting a Ton of car airborne for what looked like 25 Meters and land 5 Meters up on a house roof?
    That's just insane! I shudder to think I share the roads with people like that.
    Only a couple of blocks from me, but I was asleep at night, I woke to hear the local CFA call out sirens go off and some vehicle sirens a few moment later.The part where the incident ( I won't call it an accident, because it was clear she wasn't accidently speeding) is in a 60 kph zone. It is the sart of the 70 kph Mad mile , that is a decending section of road that connects Upwey with Upper Ferntree Gully. On friday nights and week ends in the wee hours hoons fly up and down it Even during the week it has speeders on it, even through the 40KPH school zone at school times. It's no good reporting it to the police. Belgrave has a new ultr modern police station. But they are sleeping ( Tongue in cheek) or undermanned.
    Ring 000 and they have to send Knox Divisional van out, that's a joke as Belgrave is only 2 kms away, and Knox is probably somewhere else attending a job in their vast coverage of area. So after the hoons have had there noisy fun in the wee hours and awoken every decent person trying to get some sleep. The hour later the cops come and it's no one to be seen.
    There is alway this talk about the road tolls, how we are losing the battle. Of course Again I say, No visible presence of police numbers on the road.
    No enforcement.We have a high number of deaths in our shire every year.
    Yep we have to share the roads with these idiots.
    I for one am getting a little sick of seeing my local area becoming a sort of SUDO Cemetery with all the personal memorials plastered on polls and road sides

Total Downloaded
    Very tragic crash, glad no one else was injured. As much as I hate to say this, that may be a good spot for a fixed speed camera .

Total Downloaded
    It might seem harsh, and in my job i have become to take this opinion as a method of dealing with some of the horrific things i have to deal with. But a person speeding and hitting a tree, or a person drink driving and only killing themself, yes its a senseless waste of life but because it was completely avoidable I hardly call it tragic. They made the choice to speed, drink drive, overtake on double lines, what ever road rule the broke that led to the crash.

What is tragic is when another innocent law abiding motorist is caught up in someone elses stupidity and illegal behaviour, like the family that was killed by the criminal running from the police in Canberra, thats tragic.

Matt

Total Downloaded
    Yup, I agree with your sentiment Ace. I still think any loss of life is tragic regardless of the circumstance . Tragic for the relatives, ambos, coppers etc. Etc.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    Yup, I agree with your sentiment Ace. I still think any loss of life is tragic regardless of the circumstance . Tragic for the relatives, ambos, coppers etc. Etc.
    Its called road trauma for a reason. The trauma doesnt stop at the physical injuries to the persons directly involved in the crash.

Total Downloaded

Wink

tragic
    /ˈtrędʒɪk/
    adjective
    1.*calamitous.
    2.*fatal.
    3.*extremely pathetic.
    4.*of the nature of tragedy.
    ----------
    Fits all 4?

I received some late mail, un official.
    She was doing aprrox 180kph in a 60 kph zone and drunk as a skunk and was impaled on a wooden post.
    Tell that to her family and friends that mourn her. What excuse can be given?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast