Thread: Brisbane to Karumba Nov.

Total Downloaded

Brisbane to Karumba Nov.

Have a family commitment to be in Karumba in November to spread relatives ashes in his favorite fishing spot[ [ good burley I hope] , intend driving to Emerald, dont know whether to take the Gregory Development road to Normanton, or go to Cloncurry, and go up that way. Any advice would be welcome.[ John was a top bloke, he would appreciate the humour, Nov. was his birthday.] I know! It dont happen without photos.Cheers, Bob10.

Total Downloaded
    Via Cloncurry will end up quicker due to better roads but more traffic & less interesting.
    We have had some rain & some of the unsealed roads are cut up, if it's raining stay on the sealed stuff.
    November is supposed to be wet this year.
    Jonesfam in the Gulf Country.

Total Downloaded

karumba

Thanks for the advice, would you mind if I sent you a p.m. closer to travel time to check conditions ?, Cheers, Bob10

Heart in the Deep Nth of FNQ,Body in the Deep Nth of Brisneyland
    Total Downloaded
    G'Day Bob. As stated, it's going to be a wet one this year.
    Be prepared to use alternate means to reach/ return from Karumba.
    Watch the charts for at least 7 days prior and carry emergency food/ water and where legal, grog.
    Cheers, Dave.

Total Downloaded
    Toowoomba, Morven, Winton, Cloncurry is the quickest unless you have other commitments in Emerald.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

Total Downloaded
    Bob
    I'm going on leave from this week-end to 20 Nov.
    When on holidays we like to get "The Hell Outa Dodge!" so will be at our other place on the Table Lands but if from about the 18th of Nov is not to late give us a PM & I will let you know the weather & road conditions.
    We are driving back the Savannah Way to Doomadgee (road permitting) so will pass through Normanton where I know a few people who will give me any info.
    Unless we have big rain, like last Easter, the road from the South of Karumba is considered all weather.
    But 25 inches in 2.5 days will close any road - that's what it did at Easter which also happened to be the last time i tried to go on leave.
    3 out of 4 weeks sitting in Doomadgee, Bloody Wonderful!
    Jonesfam

Total Downloaded

karumba

Thanks, mate. We have to be there on the 16th., dont intend to stay long, [ will throw a line in, taking some crab pots ] I am getting the feeling unless a major weather event occurs, we will be ok, taking the road from Cloncurry, all bituman I believe,really appreciate your advice, have a good break, I dare say you and your family deserve it. Really looking forward to heading north after a looooong time away.[mainly in the N.T.]
    Cheers, Bob