Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traxide D4 dual battery kit

Total Downloaded

Talking Traxide D4 dual battery kit

Hi Guys
    Just installed the dual battery kit i purchased from Traxide for the new D4...........
    AKA Drivesafe...Tim has been great with concise fitting instructions and any help reqd ...just ring and he's available....The kit fitted perfectly and was not that hard if you have a little patience and are good with your hands.
    ......now i can utilise more toys on 12v than before and hopefully wont have any flat battery probs down the road if i dont go too mad.
    love his knowledge on this sublect, like me he's a tradesman who knows his stuff, albeit my expertise is in another field.

I have no shares or finacial interest in this company , ..but just another satisfied customer who likes to promote a good product when he has purchased one.

Regards to all

Sam and Fee

Total Downloaded
    I agree Tim is a great lad. Always there if you need him

Total Downloaded
    Which kit did you get? Just wondering how hard it is to get the wiring to the back of the car for the extra 12v outlet?

Total Downloaded
    Hi Jammers
    The kit i fitted was the D4-5S......fitting the near side 12V socket wiring was a doddle..just a matter of sqeezing your hand into the back and changing the original ignition wired cable with Tim's kit wiring.All in all fairly easy job all round.

Samandfee

Total Downloaded
    Oh by the way the new 12V socket i fitted on top of the off side plastic facia so my plug will go in vertically....easy job again.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by jammers View Post
    Which kit did you get? Just wondering how hard it is to get the wiring to the back of the car for the extra 12v outlet?
    I did it and I have 'L' size hands. put it directly opposite the original and you should just be able to get your hand in the tighten the 'O' ring nut.

edit: wiring to back wasn't too difficult if you follow the instructions and use the wire coat hanger with the hook. Feeding it under the trim over the rear arch was a pain especially with the extra cable for the anderson plug. If it's only for a 12v you shouldn't have too much drama. Oh, and if you break a clip on the B pillar they are about $5 to replace.

Total Downloaded
    Hi again
    Yes i broke 2 yellow clips on inside of B pillar panel ....flimsy i think......bought 2 replacements in Perth $7.50 RRP....got 2 for $10

Cheers

Total Downloaded
    I fitted the kit and also wired a merit plug(sometimes called hella plug) in the rear area as well.These plugs are way better than the cigarette lighter style.

I always use merit plugs where possible as the have a firm fit/connection and will never rattle out,even on corrugated roads.

At the end of a long day,it is not much fun finding the beers are hot because the plug for the fridge has rattled out
    Paul

D2,D2,D2a,D4,'09 Defender 110(sons), all moved on.

'56 S1,been in the family since...'56
    Comes out of hibernation every few months for a run

Total Downloaded

Traxide for D4 2014

I am new to Aulro and about to start setting up a new D4 SDV6. Could anyone tell me if the Traxide Dual Batt system for the D4 does actually fully charge the auxiliary battery and about how long it takes ? I have concerns over the smart alternator interfering !!

Regards
    Peter

Total Downloaded
    Yes is does fully charge the secondary battery. I'm not sure how long it takes, but have got the kit in my D3 and running tests on battery usage at the moment, very happy so far.
    Regards, Will

Stornoway Grey '09 D3 TDV6 SE, 2015 TERRITORY Engine at 348k
    LLAMS, FYRLYTS, OL D4 Bar
    Safari Snorkel, D4 hitch, ARB CKMA12

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast