Thread: D3 Suspension Bushes

Total Downloaded

D3 Suspension Bushes

Hi Folks,

My vehicle: 2005 D3 V8 HSE @ ~138,000Km's

I am on a mission to replace a number of worn suspension and steering components and to restore my D3 to it's former ride and handling glory. So far I have done shocks and airbags which has made a huge improvement to the ride/handling. Doing this has revealed a number of other things that would help me on my quest that could do with changing (wear and tear). I am about to do steering rack ends (complete) and lower steering column (to address imprecise steering, steering play and a knock which is related to the LHS rack ends).

An issue I have had over the last 25,000km or so has been feathering and uneven tyre wear on the LHS front, getting to the bottom of this I discovered that the rearmost LHS LCA bush is very soft and is permitting a degree of movement so it needs fixing ... again ... LCA's were changed last at about 90,000km in 2009/10 with replacement OEM LCA's.

Looking at my options I can see OEM LCA's (around $400 ea), aftermarket LCA's ($210 ea) or look at third party bushes. Pedders appear to have released a range of poly bushes for D3/D4 (New Product Release-Land Rover Discovery 3 & 4 bushes - Pedders Suspension Trade News) - I don't know the pricing or anything else about them but I might pop into my local Pedders and get some pricing in the next few days.

Anyone got any experience with these Pedders bushes or other poly bushes that they could share ?

Anyone got any experience with non-OEM LCA's they could share ?

Any comments much appreciated !

Cheers,
    Mick

Total Downloaded
    Dont know price but road safe have a listing for LCA bushes. Most places however just change the arms

Cheers Julian

Total Downloaded
    Thanks Julian, yes changing arms seems to be the usual approach, was really just wondering (given that I've killed the bushes in 40,000kms / 4 years) if poly bushes might be a viable alternative. My main concern is that poly bushes additional stiffness may introduce unwanted harshness and ruin my comfortable ride !

Cheers Mick