Thread: Milford Cargo Barrier D4

mikeford Guest

Milford Cargo Barrier D4

Got Milford Cargo Barrier for my D4 couple of weeks ago, when I got home I tried to fit the cargo blind and it would not fit. Barrier supplied is the same as fits D3 with no problems apparently. D4 requires the 2 top metal straps to be 35mm longer, bottom ones are OK. These were supplied happily by Milford after a phone call within a couple of days, cargo blind now fits OK.

Total Downloaded
    Are you saying that the cargo blind fits in its original mounts or in new mounts provided with the barrier?
    MY12 RRV 4.4 TDV8 AB, +LLAMS, +e-diff, +ACC stop/go. Produce LLAMS for LR/RR, Jeep GC/Dodge Ram
    VK2HFG and APRS W1 digi

Total Downloaded
    Before I bought my cargo barrier I contacted Milford to make sure that their product would fit and that the cargo blind would still be able to be fitted with it in place. They e-mailed back saying that it would fit ok but tight. When I ordered it through the dealer who was to fit it, I made a point of saying that the cargo blind should be able to be fitted.

Got it fitted the week before last and the cargo blind was fitted back as normal. The only slight issue is that the barrier presses against the blind so if you want to remove the blind you need to push and hold the barrier back a bit while you do it. Not a real problem though.

Martin

mikeford Guest

D4 Milford Cargo Barrier

The original supplied top straps would allow the cargo blind to be fitted as stated by Milford but only if you undid the straps first, put the blind in place then re-attached the straps. To remove the blind the straps had to be undone again, blind removed and straps re-attached. The barrier would be tight against the blind and would eventually have worn marks on the blind casing. With the new 35mm longer top straps the blind can be put in and taken out of the original mounting locations with no obstruction. Hope this makes it clear.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeford View Post
    The original supplied top straps would allow the cargo blind to be fitted as stated by Milford but only if you undid the straps first, put the blind in place then re-attached the straps. To remove the blind the straps had to be undone again, blind removed and straps re-attached. The barrier would be tight against the blind and would eventually have worn marks on the blind casing. With the new 35mm longer top straps the blind can be put in and taken out of the original mounting locations with no obstruction. Hope this makes it clear.
    Hi Mikeford.

Would you mind measuring the length of the extended strap. If it's longer than that supplied to me I will contact Milford to get them replaced.

Martin

mikeford Guest
    Top straps are 580mm long measured along the curve, I reckon yours will not be that long!
    Mike

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeford View Post
    Top straps are 580mm long measured along the curve, I reckon yours will not be that long!
    Mike
    Spot on Mike.

My top strap measures roughly 560mm. I'll contact Milford and see if I can get a new set. Agree the barrier would eventually rub the blind casing.

Thanks for letting me know.

Martin