Thread: Nudge bar for lighting

Total Downloaded

Nudge bar for lighting

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has seen a method for adding a light bar to a D4 without a bull bar? I was thinking of a small nudge bar but i havent been able to find anything.

Wondering/hoping someone here has seem a solution?

Thanks all!

Total Downloaded
    I am also looking for an option. I have found aluminium number plate mounts but the mounts are not wide enough to take my led bar.

Total Downloaded

Total Downloaded
    I've searched extensively for an acceptable off the shelf solution for my D3. I have a set of ARB Intensity LED I plan to mount.

There does not seem to be much out there, the bushranger looks like it has possibilities but I have a hidden winch, so cutting would be required, in addition to it not working for an American size license plate.

I believe Graeme mentioned a method some folks have used, where you fasten a bar across two points on the front, and then put to arms to support the lights on them. This won't work for the ARB, as the mounts are very larger, and lights fairly heavy.

To that end I'm working on a design that will accomplish that, that hopefully can be produced a bunch at a time as an option for D3/D4 owners.

Here are a threads and pictures of the self configurations people have done.

This one shows a picture of spots & LED bar on D4
    Offroad lights - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

This one shows the back side of the setup.
    DISCO3.CO.UK - View topic - Finally fitted spots

What I was hoping to come up with something like a single piece of stainless fed under the grill, then raised slightly, with a wide enough pad to accommodate the ARB, and be stiff enough to not wobble.

Total Downloaded
    Check ECB. I went past an RRS today with an alloy nudge bar. Even if they haven't made a dedicated bar, I would think it won't be too difficult to mod a suitable sized bar.
    D4 2.7litre

Total Downloaded
    If the ECB does offer 2 version for the D3-- Unfortunately it does not look like they will clear my tow hooks in the bumper. I can't understand why these companies put such crappy quality images on their web site. They are too small to be very useful.

Land Rover Discovery Big Tube™ Bar - ADR Compliant - With ECB bumper lights Series Discovery 3 (04/05 - 09/09)

Quote Originally Posted by kogvos View Post
    If someone happens to ring them up on the phone or visit, It would be beneficial to have better pictures, as I can't tell of the light portion is flush or not. Also ask if they have a version for US license plate. It might work otherwise, but the big question would be the fit. If they were crafty, they'd make a version that is cut and bolts to the winch fairlead.

The one pictured looks fairly "short" which means the lights might end up against the bumper and not fit properly, hard to say without having one in hand.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albu...1_143957-s.JPG