Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCCM error

Total Downloaded

TCCM error

Hi All,

I just received my IIDTool, and had to have a play with it.

I found this error, that recurs whenever i select low range, is this normal, or is it a real fault that needs to be fixed:

TCCM-Transfer Case

P1806-00 (2F) Four-wheel drive high indicator - short circuit to battery

I've just emailed GAP diagnostics, awaiting a reply, but thought i'd check the forums, i can't find anything by googling.

cheers
    james
    MY11 SDV6 HSE, e-diff, LLAMS, Snorkel, Rhino Pioneer Rack, DBS, BFG KO2 265/65r18, Mitch Hitch, GME TX3550s, GOE stuff....

Total Downloaded
    Does the high range indicator light work properly, ie on in high range and off in low range?
    MY12 RRV 4.4 TDV8 AB, +LLAMS, +e-diff, +ACC stop/go. Produce LLAMS for LR/RR, Jeep GC/Dodge Ram
    VK2HFG and APRS W1 digi

Total Downloaded
    Yep, everything seems to be working properly, i hear a little clunk when i change into low, and all the lights behave correctly
    MY11 SDV6 HSE, e-diff, LLAMS, Snorkel, Rhino Pioneer Rack, DBS, BFG KO2 265/65r18, Mitch Hitch, GME TX3550s, GOE stuff....

Total Downloaded
    Whilst the description seems to fit the code, its hard to imagine that the fault might be real considering the indicators work. There may be a different fault for which the wrong code is being reported or there may be no fault at all.
    MY12 RRV 4.4 TDV8 AB, +LLAMS, +e-diff, +ACC stop/go. Produce LLAMS for LR/RR, Jeep GC/Dodge Ram
    VK2HFG and APRS W1 digi

Total Downloaded
    Given all seems to be working properly, personally I would note the fault, clear it and monitor to see if it returns.

Total Downloaded
    It returns everytime i select low range

Total Downloaded
    If there is no actual evidence of a fault, personally I would ignore it until there is some actual real world fault which may never transpire. Maybe bad advice, I don't know, but I've learnt over the years with mine to treat certain computer related things with a degree of scepticism.

Total Downloaded
    4 years later and I have this error and the high range light is really dull. Not sure I can disassemble the unit and replace the failed LED or maybe it’s the LED driver. Anyhow, it’s a real error for me.
    2010 TDV6 3.0L Discovery 4 HSE
    2007 Audi RS4 (B7)

Total Downloaded
    I have a body control fault_”short circuit or open to ground”. Been there since I got my IIDTool.
    Won’t clear and the mechanic has never mentioned it being a problem. So I don’t worry about it.

Read somewhere “ If there are no faults then you aren’t driving a Land Rover.”
    MY08 TDV6 D3 Zermatt Silver, B.A.S ECU Remap, ARB Bar, 12K Kingone Winch, 2x100Ah LiFePo4 Auxiliary Power, Safari Snorkel, Baja Rack Roof Rack, Brown Davis Aux. Tank, RWC, Front Runner Rear Ladder, Drifta Drawers, Doran TPMS, LLAMS, GAP IID BT.

Total Downloaded
    Well in my case there is a fault. The LED that indicates high range selected is faulty, however it doesn’t ACTUALLY cause a fault per say. TCCM error
    2010 TDV6 3.0L Discovery 4 HSE
    2007 Audi RS4 (B7)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast