Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Con feature or fault

Total Downloaded

Air Con feature or fault

Does the interior air recirculation button have a timer connected to it, the reason I ask is that when I select it I notice it works and them sometime later I will get a whiff from something outside and realise it has switched itself off again.

Total Downloaded
    Yes it does, if correct I recall it was something like 4 minutes before it switched back to fresh air. It's so you can't send yourself to sleep by breathing your own carbon dioxide.
    2014 SDV6 HSE - LLAMS, Custom Drawer storage system https://www.box.com/s/jem0ilac3cner2mexq64

Total Downloaded
    However if you hold the button for a few seconds (3 or 5, I can't remember) then it will stay on recirc until the ignition is switched off.
    MY12 RRV 4.4 TDV8 AB, +LLAMS, +e-diff, +ACC stop/go. Produce LLAMS for LR/RR, Jeep GC/Dodge Ram
    VK2HFG and APRS W1 digi

Total Downloaded
    The two options are 'timed' when button pressed normally which is 15 mins in the current model D4 (not sure about earlier) and 'latched' when you hold the button down, which will stay that way until you turn off the engine.

To my knowledge no way to keep it latched until you tell it otherwise.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    However if you hold the button for a few seconds (3 or 5, I can't remember) then it will stay on recirc until the ignition is switched off.
    Thanks Graeme. I didn't know that. I certainly would like to leave recirc on when I'm sitting in heavy traffic breathing in a whole heap of stuff I don't want to.

Martin

Tombie Guest
    Side note:
    You can also get a different filter which also filters odour

Tombie Guest
    Imagine how much users would know if they read the book

Total Downloaded
    I never use recirculate on any car and the D4 suits me just fine because it used fresh air by default. I hate getting into other people's cars where they just keep the A/C on recirculate all the time and don't know any better. Then they wonder why the windows mist up and start wiping them clear, which stuffs everything up!

If you don't like fumes of any sort, don't ride a motor bike to work like I do. I hate getting near smokers, who these days seem to like their window open and are smoking out every motor cycle rider near by. The car fumes are not an issue unless there is an old bomb burning oil.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombie View Post
    Imagine how much users would know if they read the book
    "If all fails RTFM"

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    I never use recirculate on any car and the D4 suits me just fine because it used fresh air by default. I hate getting into other people's cars where they just keep the A/C on recirculate all the time and don't know any better. Then they wonder why the windows mist up and start wiping them clear, which stuffs everything up!

If you don't like fumes of any sort, don't ride a motor bike to work like I do. I hate getting near smokers, who these days seem to like their window open and are smoking out every motor cycle rider near by. The car fumes are not an issue unless there is an old bomb burning oil.
    Nothing ****s me more when on a stinking hot day smokers have driven my work ute and put recirc on to get a bit more out of the aircon.I give them both barrels,they always say it must of been on recirc already,bull**** I NEVER have it there.
    The only car fumes I dislike are those from a dodgy cat converter.Sunday I got an awesome dose of burnt racing fuel,burnt rubber,burning brakes and clutches.At the Albany Around the houses racing
    Andrew
    DISCOVERY IS TO BE DISOWNED
    Midlife Crisis.Im going to get stuck into mine early and ENJOY it.
    Snow White MY14 TDV6 D4
    Alotta Fagina MY14 CAT 12M Motor Grader
    2003 Stacer 525 Sea Master Sport
    I made the 1 millionth AULRO post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast