Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E diff?

Total Downloaded

E diff?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441070022.194446.jpg

Not sure if my attachment worked but if it did can anyone tell me if this car has the e diff based on the info screen photo?

The pic is from a 2011 D4. Thanks in advance!

Total Downloaded
    Yes, green lock on the rear diff in the pic on the left is the e-diff.

Tombie Guest
    That light IIRC is there regardless of fitment or otherwise...

Need to check on top of rear diff for wiring harness to be certain its fitted

Total Downloaded
    PM me the VIN and I'll tell you for sure.
    Regards, Will

Stornoway Grey '09 D3 TDV6 SE, 2015 TERRITORY Engine at 348k
    LLAMS, FYRLYTS, OL D4 Bar
    Safari Snorkel, D4 hitch, ARB CKMA12

LRD414 is offline Super Moderator Subscriber
    Total Downloaded

E diff?

Quote Originally Posted by Tombie View Post
    That light IIRC is there regardless of fitment or otherwise...

That's interesting and must have changed for later models. See photo of mine, showing only centre diff symbol (MY14).

Scott
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441077326.383324.jpg
    D4 TDV6 MY14 with Llams, Tuffant Wheels, Traxide DBS, APT sliders & protection plates, Prospeed Winch Mount w/ Carbon 12K, Mitch Hitch & Drifta Drawers
    Link to my D4 Build Thread
    D3 2005 V8 Petrol
    Ex '77 RRC 2 door. Long gone but not forgotten.

Total Downloaded
    Yes, when the infotainment system was updated late 2012 (I think), LR dropped the "always there" rear lock symbol. You also get the incremental lock indicator on the newer models.

Cheers,

Gordon

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by gghaggis View Post
    Yes, when the infotainment system was updated late 2012 (I think), LR dropped the "always there" rear lock symbol. You also get the incremental lock indicator on the newer models.

Came into effect with MY12 (i.e. 11/2011 build date)

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombie View Post
    Its even easier to look at the lower left side of the diff housing from behind to see if the housing is basically flat from the outer ring of bolts towards the axle bearing (open diff) or bulges significantly for the e-diff.
    MY12 RRV 4.4 TDV8 AB, +LLAMS, +e-diff, +ACC stop/go. Produce LLAMS for LR/RR, Jeep GC/Dodge Ram
    VK2HFG and APRS W1 digi

Total Downloaded

E-Diff

On a similar subject - I have a 2010 2.7l D4 that didn't come with the e-diff however, I've crawled underneath and after checking a mates 3.0l D4 with an e-diff - all of the associated plugs to accept the e-diff wiring are part of the vehicle loom.

I've found a couple of companies that can sell me a complete overhauled e-diff for thousands of $$ less than actually buying one from Land Rover and, they have confirmed that the diff could be a direct replacement for my non e-diff.......for under $2K!

So.....It seems that it is a credible possibility to fit an e-diff into my D4 and enjoy the advantages without the significant expense.

Couple of things that I need to confirm although so far, research suggests it is possible.
    1. Will the ECU recognise the addition of the e-diff (It seems so as the software is part of the ECU but not being utilised on my non e-diff system)

2. I'm aware that I won't have the goochy electronic display on the dash as I don't have the upgraded entertainment system (But I could live with this knowing the e-diff is doing it's job although not actually showing me on a display)

Next step is to buy one and see if it all works

Total Downloaded
    Does the 2k also include the "Rear differential control module" (ECU)? Unless you can find one second-hand they can be expensive!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast