Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bash plate with bull bar?

Total Downloaded

Bash plate with bull bar?

Sorry, a bit of a simple question here. I'm looking to put a (probably GOE) bash plate and then later a (OL / ARB ) bull bar on my D4 but wondering if they are compatible or does a plate come with bull bar etc.

i.e. does it make sense / work to fit my bash plate now and then a bull bar later?

Thanks,
    David
    Everything is easy when someone else is doing it
    MY14 SDV6 SE Corris Grey
    Compomotive 18s : D697s : Traxide DBS : LLAMS : ARB compressor : IC-450N
    Rhino Platform : GOE compressor, Tx & front bash plates, deluxe sliders

Total Downloaded
    Hi David,
    I fitted a ARB bull-bar to my D3 some 8yrs ago. It did come with a bash plate, however I can't comment on its strength compared to the GOE unit.

Probably it would be worth either speaking to ARB and OL and getting bash plate specs.

Best Wishes,
    Peter

Total Downloaded
    I saw a bash plate advertised recently on Gumtree.The seller stated it was on the vehicle when he purchased the vehicle,was removed when an OL bar was fitted as it wasnt compatible.Was a D4.
    Will see if I can find the add.
    Andrew
    DISCOVERY IS TO BE DISOWNED
    Midlife Crisis.Im going to get stuck into mine early and ENJOY it.
    Snow White MY14 TDV6 D4
    Alotta Fagina MY14 CAT 12M Motor Grader
    2003 Stacer 525 Sea Master Sport
    I made the 1 millionth AULRO post

Total Downloaded
    Here you go,it says genuine.Is it a GOE gaurd????
    If anybody wants it picking up I can put you in touch with a friendly aulro Albanian.
    Land Rover Discovery 4 sump guard / bash plate - genuine part | Other Parts & Accessories | Gumtree Australia Albany Area - Middleton Beach | 1093906196
    Andrew
    DISCOVERY IS TO BE DISOWNED
    Midlife Crisis.Im going to get stuck into mine early and ENJOY it.
    Snow White MY14 TDV6 D4
    Alotta Fagina MY14 CAT 12M Motor Grader
    2003 Stacer 525 Sea Master Sport
    I made the 1 millionth AULRO post

SBD4 is offline A Keeper of the TGO Gold Subscriber
    Total Downloaded
    No it's genuine Andrew.
    Cheers,

Sean

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.” - Albert Einstein

Total Downloaded
    The bash plate that is part of an ARB bar is not exactly what I would call a solid bit of gear. OK for my purposes, but the way that the three sections bolt together, I would suspect that it would be easily damaged and difficult to bolt back together (and line all the bolts up) if it took a decent hit.

I haven't seen one of Gordon's plates, but would expect it to be stronger than what I have.

I don't know whether you could have one of Gordon's plates fitted to a vehicle with ARB / OL bar fitted - Gordon would definitely be able to tell you.
    Cheers .........

BMKAL

Total Downloaded
    I have an GOE bashplate left over from my departed D3, now replaced by a D4 with ARB bar. The ARB bar is not very solid underneath and I certainly would prefer the security of a few more mm of plate under there.

So I'm looking to my left over protection plate in conjunction with the ARB bar.
    On inspection it seems 'doable', but with some adustments (insert hammer and swearing noises) required.
    Currently listed as a Christmas task, so will see how I go and post later maybe.

FYI the D4 and D3 GOE plates are different, by how much I don't know.

Total Downloaded

GOE bash plate for OL bullbar in early 2016

Quote Originally Posted by BMKal View Post
    The bash plate that is part of an ARB bar is not exactly what I would call a solid bit of gear. OK for my purposes, but the way that the three sections bolt together, I would suspect that it would be easily damaged and difficult to bolt back together (and line all the bolts up) if it took a decent hit.

I haven't seen one of Gordon's plates, but would expect it to be stronger than what I have.

I don't know whether you could have one of Gordon's plates fitted to a vehicle with ARB / OL bar fitted - Gordon would definitely be able to tell you.

Thanks for this.

I went back to Gordon and the current plate is not compatible with the bullbars.
    GOE are planning to make a bash plate to fit with the OL bar though - "early in the new year.

It would use the lower lip of the bullbar to mount off, so wouldn't be long enough to mount if there was no bar in place."

So I can have a bash plate with no bullbar or the new bash plate with bullbar.

I do want a bash plate but I'm still deliberating whether I want the bar.... A decision to make in the new year...

Planning a Simpson crossing next year so was hoping to fit bash plate for that and leave my options open for bull bar later. No can do unfortunately. Thanks for all the replies.

David
    Everything is easy when someone else is doing it
    MY14 SDV6 SE Corris Grey
    Compomotive 18s : D697s : Traxide DBS : LLAMS : ARB compressor : IC-450N
    Rhino Platform : GOE compressor, Tx & front bash plates, deluxe sliders

Total Downloaded

Question Bullbar for LR4 2015 Discovery

Hi,

I have question in relation to genuine Bullbar for a LR4 Discovery part number VPLAY0079.

I have contacted many dealers and have called Land Rover Australia if this Bullbar is compatible with a Discovery 4 HSE 2015 with build date of January 2015. they confirmed it is compatible, but reading the threads in this forum it seems that the common conclusion is that Land Rover have not built a Bullbar compatible with 2015 Discovery 4.

Can anyone advise?

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Billiegee View Post
    Hi,

I have question in relation to genuine Bullbar for a LR4 Discovery part number VPLAY0079.

I have contacted many dealers and have called Land Rover Australia if this Bullbar is compatible with a Discovery 4 HSE 2015 with build date of January 2015. they confirmed it is compatible, but reading the threads in this forum it seems that the common conclusion is that Land Rover have not built a Bullbar compatible with 2015 Discovery 4.

Can anyone advise?
    I've seen quite a few 2015 Disco's running around with OEM Land Rover bullbars fitted (and others with ARB / Opposite Lock bars) so I don't think there is any question of whether the bars are available.

The issue as I understand it is whether the bars are compatible with front parking sensors and cameras. As yours is a HSE, I would imagine that it has all the electronic fruit and wizardry on the front - I am not sure how much of this (if any) will still work for you with the bars currently available.

My front parking sensors are the rubber bump stops on the front of my ARB bulbar, and my forward facing camera is a Blackvue mounted next to the rear vision mirror.
    Cheers .........

BMKAL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast