Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyre problem... No sell....

Total Downloaded

Tyre problem... No sell....

Hi all, just another day to day gripe.... lmao

I tried to order some maxxis tyres yesterday in a 265/75r16 and a certain tyre franchise in Port Macquarie said it would be illegal for them to sell them to me!!!!!!
    I was not impressed to say the least! Is this true? They said because of these new laws coming in, that I would need an engineers cert for them as the rolling diameter is too far over standard for my ol' D1!
    I haven't had a chance to ask any other tyre dealers yet but surely someone will sell me the rubber I want? lol
    I figured that I could compromise by going with a smaller size lol

Cheers,

Brenton

Total Downloaded
    they are technically right
    however the new rules aren't in....but they are still technically right as they are still illegal under the current rules but that never stopped anyone selling them before so just go to a different tyre shop...SORTED!!
    Our Land Rover does not leak oil! it just marks its territory.......

Total Downloaded
    haha thanks for that, but the worst part is, that they are the cheapest for bighorns around here, they quoted me 290 for 245/75r16's.
    Looks like a few phone calls to Newcastle shall be made tomorrow for some better pricing.

Total Downloaded
    I've taken rims in plenty of times to 3 different tyre places - different owners in 2 of them recently, and got them to fit up either new tyres or my own.
    What you are after will fit Land rover defenders & so do the rims....

I have range rover alloys on my County

Total Downloaded
    Good on them. But they are wrong.

Good on them because those tyres are illegal for your car, and they brought that to your attention. Very few do, and hence there are lots of owners driving around on cars which would, if tested, fail roadworthy and that means potential insurance issues at the least. That said, the insurance company would need to prove the "oversize" tyres contributed to the accident.

However, you could get your car engineered and thus make it legal, so you are entitled to buy them.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by BJP98V8 View Post
    haha thanks for that, but the worst part is, that they are the cheapest for bighorns around here, they quoted me 290 for 245/75r16's.
    Looks like a few phone calls to Newcastle shall be made tomorrow for some better pricing.
    Ask them if they want your sale or not, if not then walk out, whats it to them if its so called illegal, bet they've sold 35's before. Tell them that you know its illegal, but thats what you want, being the customer!

Total Downloaded
    I thought that too, that I have every right to purchase them, but I guess they just want to cover their rear ends in case something was to happen. However.... i'll just save myself the hassle I think and get the 245/75's thanks for clearing that up guys!

Cheers,

Brenton

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Ask them if they want your sale or not, if not then walk out, whats it to them if its so called illegal, bet they've sold 35's before. Tell them that you know its illegal, but thats what you want, being the customer!

HAHA!!! See, if I were in my home town of Traralgon.... I would! Gladly I would, but because i'm new to this town.... i wont

Total Downloaded
    haha thanks for that, but the worst part is, that
    they are the cheapest for bighorns around here, they quoted me 290 for 245/75r16's.
    No there not come to sydney I paid 250
    Our Land Rover does not leak oil! it just marks its territory.......

Total Downloaded
    HAHA!!! See, if I were in my home town of Traralgon.... I would! Gladly I would, but because i'm new to this town.... i wont
    If you were in Traralgon, Monica wouldn;t fit them, I;ve bought tyres there and if they don;t fit the guidelines book thingy they have, no fitting, so I made her knock $50 off and went to Tony and got them fitted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast