Thread: How much are garage roller doors?

Total Downloaded

How much are garage roller doors?

Ok, finally got a house with a garage but it has the doors that slide sideway and they overlap. So even thought the garage is 6 metres wide I have trouble just fitting the disco into it.

I want to remove these doors and replace them with a single 4-4.5 metre wide roller door so that I can reverse the disco (or the project rangie when I get it) right into the middle of the space and have room either side of the car to work on it. At the moment I can reallon only park in either bay cause of how the doors slide open.

So I am thinking of doing some 1 metre returns at the front and putting in a roller door. So my question is, what am I up for for a roller door?

Angus

Total Downloaded
    I paid about $1700 two years ago for a 4.5 metre door and electric motor, that included fiiting too.
    Has been okay with no problems

Total Downloaded
    what height are you chasing for clearance (dont forget the lifted rangie) and what hieght and roof pitch is you shed ?

Paul
    PaulT

REMLR 256 / SLOw 4 (P)

W/Shops/trailers & GS's
    RRs, Disco's, 110s & 109s.

Total Downloaded
    I dropped a clanger when I built my garage and shed, I made all openings 2.4 metres high

The landrover has about 50mm to spare with roofrack on, next time I'll get it right

Total Downloaded
    Just for info, a domestic rollerdoor needs about 300-350 mm of real-estate when fully up. Not much can be done on the side (gutter) walls to gain height, but if the door is going in the centre of the gable (pointy bit) end, you can push it up a bit for more clearance.

Paul
    PaulT

REMLR 256 / SLOw 4 (P)

W/Shops/trailers & GS's
    RRs, Disco's, 110s & 109s.

alien is offline A Keeper of the TGO Silver Subscriber
    Total Downloaded
    Saw a side roller door at the home show a few years ago.
    You didn't loose the 450mm that the roller door needed so gave more head room.
    Rolled behind either side return with elec. motor.
    Don't know if they are still around, but just an option given you have sliding doors now.

Cheers.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryd View Post
    I dropped a clanger when I built my garage and shed, I made all openings 2.4 metres high

The landrover has about 50mm to spare with roofrack on, next time I'll get it right
    I'm building now, and have done the same. 2.7 roofs and a stepped down garage floor for 2400mm clearance under the garage door (Panel lift) - so the Disco with lift, tyres and rack will fit.

Cheers
    Slunnie

~ Discovery II Td5 ~ Discovery 3dr V8 ~ Series IIa 6cyl ute ~ Series II V8 ute ~

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Slunnie View Post
    I'm building now, and have done the same. 2.7 roofs and a stepped down garage floor for 2400mm clearance under the garage door (Panel lift) - so the Disco with lift, tyres and rack will fit.

where are you building your house at

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by schmierer LR at singleton View Post
    where are you building your house at
    Its a little out from Orange NSW
    Cheers
    Slunnie

~ Discovery II Td5 ~ Discovery 3dr V8 ~ Series IIa 6cyl ute ~ Series II V8 ute ~

Total Downloaded
    The shed I built had 2.5m openings (x2).

I was originally going to install sliding doors, but in the end I thought roller would be easier. However the prices were $$$. So I bought 2x second hand doors from a demolition place for ~$100 each. I needed to buy locks and tracking for 1 door. About another ~$100.

One door was even the right colour, but I resprayed them both with colorbond spray cans. About 3 cans per door @$15 each.