Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: heads up on aftermarket steering wheel

Total Downloaded

heads up on aftermarket steering wheel

Hi guys just thought i would mention it.
    I bought a steering wheel from Simmonites in the last two months and as i was driving home the other night from work i noticed a kind of squeaking everytime i moved the wheel.
    Slightly annoyed more than anything as the steering wheel replacement for ANR323 has never been much chop as it seemed a bit floppy and weak from the get go.
    Anyway i parked up after a long day at the office and thought no more about it until this A.M. when i left to go to work, as i got in the blue beast the sun glinted off something metallic on the matt black steering wheel, "hello" i had a quick look and sure enough the fixing holes had cracked so i whipped it off and had another look and there was only one solid hole on there "holy crap" the other two had bought it.
    Suffice to say the old trusty made a swift return to it's rightful place knackered rubber and all.
    now i am wondering what to do is there any point getting in contact with Simmonites? maybe just to give them the heads up i suposse so some other purchaser doesn't end up worse off than I.
    funny thing is two days ago i ordered a genuine one from famous four as i was never happy with the mountey's one ...this was after barbigello quoted me the best part of $300 the same thing i have purchased from the u.k. for 55 quid the shockers!!
    pictures attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Total Downloaded
    being this side of the globe and about 70 miles from Simmos,if I can help let me know

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Grockle View Post
    being this side of the globe and about 70 miles from Simmos,if I can help let me know
    good onya mate do you know newton or blackwell
    my grandad come from blackwell

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    good onya mate do you know newton or blackwell
    my grandad come from blackwell
    yes I lived in Tibshelf for a time they are literally just down the road

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Grockle View Post
    yes I lived in Tibshelf for a time they are literally just down the road
    interesting stuff i was born a softy southerner (aka essex boy) does blackwell have a wooden spire on the church still we had a photo that was of the church in Blackwell from about 1900 and it was a wooden spired tower ...as for Simmo's i will mail them tomorrow and see what Sharon says about it

Total Downloaded
    it is called St Werburgh on Church Hill,the tower is of stone,but it was rebuilt in 1879 so the original could have been wooden

Total Downloaded
    did your grandad stay there and work at the pit in Blackwell?

51jay Guest
    Are you saying only 3 of those tiny setscrews were holding your wheel on?? Mine has 12 and feels more than strong enough.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by 51jay View Post
    Are you saying only 3 of those tiny setscrews were holding your wheel on?? Mine has 12 and feels more than strong enough.
    that jay is a right result as mine only came with three holes and enough fittings for three ....will be giving the mighty Simmo's a ring in a couple of hours

51jay Guest
    There has to be some kind of mistake only about 1/3 of the wheel is bolted down,no wonder it felt weakand wobbly Even the Chinese don't do that kind of engineering.Can you post a better pic of the whole boss and wheel assembly.
    And you other posters, here is a fellow member who could have had the wheel come away at any moment and all you can do is hijack the thread and prattle on like schoolgirls........geeeez!!

ps I'm not called grumpy old man for nothing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast