Thread: Arb air compressor

kenleyfred Guest

Arb air compressor

On Bribie over the weekend I stopped to help a bogged Navara. His tyres were at 50, he let them down but still couldn't get out, so I gave him a quick snatch.
    At the end of the day when I was pumping up he came off the beach and stopped near me, I offered him use of my pump and all was going well till the last tyre. Was taking forever. The hose had melted/seperated at the pump. Annoyed because it's only about 6months old.
    Took it back to ARB yesterday and they repaired it on the spot. Actually a very easy repair, similar to putting the connections on a water hose. Could have done it myself if I had have looked closer at it. But it was bloody hot to touch at the time.

I have said bad things about the service at ARB in the past. Nothing but good things to say this time.
    Kenley

alien is offline A Keeper of the TGO Silver Subscriber
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by kenleyfred View Post
    On Bribie over the weekend I stopped to help a bogged Navara. His tyres were at 50, he let them down but still couldn't get out, so I gave him a quick snatch.
    At the end of the day when I was pumping up he came off the beach and stopped near me, I offered him use of my pump and all was going well till the last tyre. Was taking forever. The hose had melted/seperated at the pump. Annoyed because it's only about 6months old.
    Took it back to ARB yesterday and they repaired it on the spot. Actually a very easy repair, similar to putting the connections on a water hose. Could have done it myself if I had have looked closer at it. But it was bloody hot to touch at the time.

I have said bad things about the service at ARB in the past. Nothing but good things to say this time.
    Kenley
    I found mine did this also by the 7th tyre.
    I let it sit for 5mins. between vehicles and seems fine, but 2 car max. is my rule(I have to pay the repair).
    Cheers, Kyle

The Good Oil.
    When did you last visit?
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/good-oil/

Total Downloaded
    next time it fails DONT go back to ARB.

instead head to your local pnuematics supplier and get a male and female fitting that takes 1/4inch brass tubing and bend up a cooling coil (A spice bottle or a roll on deodorant tube is the perfect former) then fit your ARB Line to that.
    Dave

"In a Landrover the other vehicle is your crumple zone."

For spelling call Rogets, for mechanicing call me.

Fozzy, 2.25D SIII Ex DCA Ute
    Tdi autoManual d1 (gave it to the Mupion)
    Archaeoptersix 1990 6x6 dual cab(This things staying)

If you've benefited from one or more of my posts please remember, your taxes paid for my skill sets, I'm just trying to make sure you get your monies worth.
    If you think you're in front on the deal, pay it forwards.

clean32 is offline AULRO Holiday Reward Points Winner!
    Total Downloaded
    what he said ^^^^^

Total Downloaded
    The old compressors with the blue hoses were beauties for melting the hose and the new ones run hotter but have much better hoses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The biggest factor in my experiences is if the hose is bent as soon as it comes out of the compressor then it generates a hot spot in the hose which will burn and cause a failure. If the hose is kept relatively straight after the compressor then you wont have any problems as there are no hotspots and the air is cooled as it runs the length of hosing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cheers
    Slunnie

~ Discovery II Td5 ~ Discovery 3dr V8 ~ Series IIa 6cyl ute ~ Series II V8 ute ~