Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Around the world in 80 days Aus post style

It'sNotWorthComplaining! Guest

Around the world in 80 days Aus post style

I sold an item on ebay to WA form Vic, they buyer informed me that the item was not received. So at my expense I posted another item to them. They got it.
    Today I check my mail box and the original item has been returned to me after being redirected and then returned to sender.
    This is months after I sent it.
    So how come the second item to the same address got there , but the first never did?

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by It'sNotWorthComplaining! View Post
    I sold an item on ebay to WA form Vic, they buyer informed me that the item was not received. So at my expense I posted another item to them. They got it.
    Today I check my mail box and the original item has been returned to me after being redirected and then returned to sender.
    This is months after I sent it.
    So how come the second item to the same address got there , but the first never did?
    No idea, but the same has happened to me - but usually going from WA to QLD. The item (express post or parcel post bag) has gone over to the other side of the country, then been returned, despite the address being 100% correct.

The last time I got a free express post bag out of it, but that was a small compensation for all the time spent by myself and the recipient sorting out where it was and what the problem was.

Total Downloaded
    IT Happens...Late last year, my bro. sent a small package of documents to Geneva Switzerland... cost him a second mortgage for urgent / guaranteed ontime delivery premium etc via DHL... never arrived...for several weeks...DHL had routed it to Geneva Swaziland...it went all over Africa, London, everywhere exept where it was supposed to ... DHL's response...a shrug of ze shoulders...

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoges View Post
    IT Happens...Late last year, my bro. sent a small package of documents to Geneva Switzerland... cost him a second mortgage for urgent / guaranteed ontime delivery premium etc via DHL... never arrived...for several weeks...DHL had routed it to Geneva Swaziland...it went all over Africa, London, everywhere exept where it was supposed to ... DHL's response...a shrug of ze shoulders...
    Maybe it was in that Tom Hanks movie "Castaway"

Australia, East Timor, the 'Stan', Ghana, Uganda, Somalia, Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, Sierra Leone
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoges View Post
    Similarly, we sent an envelope from Melbourne to Maputo, paid the premium as well, got on line to monitor the progress...it ended up in Monaco...must have been the destination code below Maputo...or something. Multiple phone calls...and personal apologies...does not make up for lost time though.

Total Downloaded
    Happens more locally too.Our local post office in Belgrave Vic and one in Kilsyth Vic have near the same internal code,not the post code but a number the post office use.Have hade to retrieve a parcel from Kilsyth,was quicker for me than waiting for them to sort it out.
    Cheers Hall

It'sNotWorthComplaining! Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Happens more locally too.Our local post office in Belgrave Vic and one in Kilsyth Vic have near the same internal code,not the post code but a number the post office use.Have hade to retrieve a parcel from Kilsyth,was quicker for me than waiting for them to sort it out.
    Cheers Hall
    Go to Upwey, a lot more efficient. Belgrave post office, those new owners don't really know what they are doing, and sooooooooo Slow zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Total Downloaded
    Well, thats the type of service you get when most of the employes are part time. Or contractors who are paid so poorly that they can only hire people who can't read.
    The new CEO, Ahmed Fahour, has a background in investment banking working for Goldman Sach and the likes. I wonder what he knows about transport. He's already talking of getting rid of Line haul (B-double interstate trucks ) and contracting to TNT or the likes.
    During the Christmas strikes, contractors doing Line haul runs, knocked of pallets of LCD TV's. And where paid well over standard rates( anyone been offered a cheap Samsung ? )
    Management also had their children delivering Letters during the strike to make out that no disruption occured.
    Three years we have been trying to settle our EBA. But I should stop. Im already under threat of pay cuts to overtime for participating in strike action.

Total Downloaded
    Just today I had to make a trip to the Post office in Warragul to pick up an E Parcel.
    They NEVER EVER get delivered to my house like they are supposed to.
    I always check the consignment online via the tracking number so I know where it roughly is.
    Every parcel is the same, 6:15 am accepted by contractor,
    9:02, Warragul Post Office for collection-could not be delivered.

Total Downloaded
    There's a Bermuda triangle somewhere between here and the northern suburbs of Adelaide too. 2 items about 3 months apart to different buyers, 22 and 16 days respectively.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast