Thread: Advice Sought

Peter 640 Guest

Advice Sought

Thinking about diff protection for my MY09 Defender 110. What do people recommend?

Also a spare set of wheels and more aggressive tyres for covering Victorian High Country, Blue Mountains and an upcomming desert trip I am planning-(sorry if this is an old and boring topic) but I am new to all this.

Anyone with experience of the Mulgo Long Range fuel tanks. As we have a tow bar this seems to be a good option, however how vunerable are they?

Happy for feedback here or by call on the mobile 0410 490954

Peter

Total Downloaded
    there are a few brands of diff proctors around, most seem to do the job well.

A second set of rims? Easy - Series 1 Discovery steel rims are great for remote travel. They're strong, the same offset (I think) as the Defender & same stud pattern so they will bolt straight on with ther wheel nuts from your alloys!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '51 Series 1 80"
    '12 Defender 90

Total Downloaded
    Sill tanks by all means for the Canning, anything else is overkill. And those I've seen would be vulnerable to rock rash.

I've got the Out of Town Long Ranger, 163 litres. It's taken a lot of punishment, can highly recommend.

A second set of tyres/rims are a good idea. Although you don't need aggressive tyres for the desert, bog standard 235/85s are ideal - high load rating, readily available, tall rather than wide for sand, and AT style tread patterns are usually better in sand.

If however you're out there when the heavens open up & it gets boggy, you'll want those aggressive tyres...

Regards
    Max P

Total Downloaded
    Hi Peter,

In regards to diff protection I recommend the QT ones. They not only protect the front but also act as sliders and protect the underside.

Re tanks: Depending on where you want to go. I normally recommend to install a 45l tank into the rear wheel arch driver side. This gives you a radius of about 1000kms which is most of the time enough.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Mulgo Pty Ltd
    Expedition vehicles & equipment
    69 Anderson Road, Mortdale NSW 2223
    p 0438 183 507 / www.mulgo.com.au

Purchase your 4wd gear online:
    www.expeditioncentre.com.au

follow us on facebook:
    facebook.com/expeditioncentre

Peter 640 Guest

Thank You

This is really helpful.

Peter

Peter 640 Guest
    How much is a front and rear set of these please?