Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RUOK

Total Downloaded

RUOK

I thought this should be a timely reminder to everyone.

Please if your depressed or feeling like the world is on top of you talk to someone let it be here or friends or relatives even joe blow down the road any one for that.

If you do use here and your unsure just pm someone that you have any connection with or just any body which with out asking anyone on here im sure all here would be willing to call and talk or just pm.

As males we find it hard to show our emotions or feelings and do a very good job of letting thing`s build up inside and not for the better .

Anyone in a situation as such please don`t bottle it up and allow things to fester for your family and friends sake speak out and dont be embarrassed to ask or talk.

Lifeline Australia - 13 11 14 - Crisis Support and Suicide Prevention

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by rangieman View Post

Please if your depressed or feeling like the world is on top of you talk to someone let it be here or friends or relatives even joe blow down the road any one for that.

If you do use here and your unsure just pm someone that you have any connection with or just any body which with out asking anyone on here im sure all here would be willing to call and talk or just pm.

As males we find it hard to show our emotions or feelings and do a very good job of letting thing`s build up inside and not for the better .

Anyone in a situation as such please don`t bottle it up and allow things to fester for your family and friends sake speak out and dont be embarrassed to ask or talk.

Having lost family members and friends to this, and having had a few "black" days myself, I applaud you for bringing this up. Sometimes this forum can seem like an only friend.
    ​JayTee

Nullus Anxietus

​Getting involved in discussions is the best way to learn.

2000 D2 TD5 Auto: Tins
    1994 D1 300TDi Manual: Dave
    1980 SIII Petrol Tray: Doris
    OKApotamus #74
    Nanocom, D2 TD5 only.

Roverlord off road spares is offline AT REST
    Major part of the heart and soul of AULRO.com
    Vendor

Subscriber
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by rangieman View Post

Thanks Chris. Heather

Homestar is offline Super Moderator & CA manager Gold Subscriber
    Total Downloaded
    For those that don't know, I watch a LOT of YouTube - it's become the replacement for TV for me as there's sod all on there any more these days. One of the YouTubers I subscribe to is Matthew Santoro - he's a full time content creator and if you've seen any of his videos you'll know he's a bright and bubbly personality, but he's released a video this week about his battle with depression.

It's a very candid story and something that he wanted to put out there in the hope it will prompt others to open up about their own situation.

Thought I'd share this if helps some others, and we should always be looking out for our family and friends and be asking RUOK?

If you need to contact me please email homestarrunnerau@gmail.com - thanks - Gav.

NavyDiver is offline Very Very Lucky! Gold Subscriber
    Total Downloaded
    With several former service men and women dying each week with mental health issues I fully agree the need to both talk openly and also try and check on mates who drop off the radar. It is a huge issue accross our society. Rural and remote can be tough as can the issolation some people suffer even in big cities. We all need a mate at time- The more the better or just the best mate perhaps.

My brother inlaw got bitten and is no longer here. A huge man with a huge heart who saddly did not use his family or freinds when he needed them.

Thanks for sharing

rijidij is offline ChatterBox Silver Subscriber
    Total Downloaded
    I’ve been down there myself many years ago. It can slowly creep up on you without even knowing it’s happening.
    My advice to anyone suffering from depression is, you really do need to talk to someone. Once you open that flood gate it’s the start of your road back to ‘normality’.
    There’ll be times you won’t believe it, but you can get your life back, and even better than before.
    '88 County Isuzu 4Bd1 Turbo Intercooled, '96 Defender 130 CC VNT
    '85 Isuzu 120 Trayback, '72 SIIA SWB Diesel Soft Top
    '56 SI Ute Cab

Total Downloaded
    I got my life back. Maybe not better than before, but im still here and pushing through. I almost gave up. But this little fella was here to help me. Ppl ask why im spending so much to keep him going. They dont know the full story. Hes my life saver.

My best mate Snoopy.

Cheers Rod

NavyDiver is offline Very Very Lucky! Gold Subscriber
    Total Downloaded
    All dogs and pets can be great company.

Assistance Dogs can be great

Apply for a Dog * Assistance Dogs Australia

Total Downloaded
    Thanks for sharing that video. Was really good.
    Basically sums up my daily life.

Total Downloaded
    Reading the posts, just shows how many are effected by this issue...

At the moment a lot of ex-service members are suffering and it has been a problem thats just getting worse again...

I have been fighting for over a year now, with DVA, they have nearly broken me a couple of times in the last 12 months and today has gone to the dogs again, after putting a claim in may last year, I had to reapply in "May" this year due to incorrect information on the original, now today I phoned them as I have heard nothing about this claim since "June" and I got informed there is no record, no file, no claim form, in fact nothing at all...

I started trying to get an income from DVA in 1988, then again in 2000, then 2005 in which I suceeded until a bad review in 2013, then again I applied last year with the help of an advocate.. Sadly my advocate had to retire this year but his boss took my case. Using an advocate has taken a huge load off my shoulders but it hasn't stopped the blues in any way. On top of that, the advocate has put in multiple claims for me, now, as a couple of accidents I considered minor have turned out major, one in particular, medically, states life expectancy of 5 years(It happened 31 years ago), so the blues are not letting go, but I am coping better than most...

My philosophy, "FIGHT" in fact fight the blues, fight the dva, fight the gov but dont fight the urge for a nice Irish whiskey, that is a pleasure... And like all things, involve your friends, "I do"...

Everybody deserves a life and the thing that keeps me going is how much it will hurt those left behind... My family suffered a lot of losses and those that took there own caused the most damage.. I cant do that to my family and friends so I fight...

"YOU CAN TOO"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast