Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HEADLIGHT WIRING UPGRADE KIT is ready

Total Downloaded

Arrow HEADLIGHT WIRING UPGRADE KIT is ready

AT LAST.

The Headlight Wiring Upgrade Kits are now available.

They are $70-oo each plus Post but there is the usual 10% AULRO members discount so you are looking at $70-oo including Post.

Incisor did a test fit for me to make sure both the wiring went correctly and that the instructions aided in the fitting of the wire loom upgrade.

Bellow is an extract from Incisor’s PM to me, once he finished his installation.

“ its in.

took 2 hours all up and i wasn't pushing hard as i was buggered to start with

difference?

low beam is at least 20% brighter and the light is noticeably 2 or 3 shades whiter.

high beam, hmmmm how to quantify it.... on a straight bit of road i can see 200+ metres further down the road than i could with the standard wiring :P measured it before and after by noting how many guide posts i could count, then driving the difference to accurately measure it.

a definite thumbs up from me mate....

the difference in light output surpassed what i thought possible, as my lights were quite bright to start with (my wife always complained if i was behind her) ... cant wait to see what she says next time “

END QUOTE

The Headlight Wiring Upgrade Kit is intended to make your headlights brighter but because it removes the high currents that normally go through your Headlight Switch, the operating life span of your Headlight Switch should be dramatically increased.

The advantage not having to replace your Headlight Switch alone will more than pay for the cost and time of fitting the Headlight Wiring Upgrade Kit.

The Kit is not going to be posted on the TRAXIDE web site until all those on this site who requested a kit have had a chance to buy one.

If you have any enquires please ask away.

Cheers and thanks incisor, for your time and effort, it was greatly appreciated.

Total Downloaded
    Does it fit my Defender, and where do I send the money???

Total Downloaded
    I must have missed something.

Can you point me in the direction of more details please?

Total Downloaded
    Hi crump, thanks for reminding me.

Pm me for now, with you order details and I’ll send all the info to you on how to pay ( we accept Visa and Master card ) and also tell me if you are fitting to a Defender or the likes as there will have to be a longer and thicker main battery supply cable supplied in the kit.

This cable will be supplied at cost so it’s only $5-oo more, but it is necessary to be able to get the best possible results on defenders, from the Upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bee
    I must have missed something.

Can you point me in the direction of more details please?
    Hi 4bee, there is an ongoing number of projects in the PROJECTS & TUTORIAL SECTION and I have been promising to have both a Headlight and a Driving Light Wiring Upgrade Kit available for quite some time now.

The Wiring Upgrade Kit is now available and the Driving Light Wiring Upgrade Kit will be available before the end of the week and because of a number of requests, I will also be putting together a combined Headlight / Driving Light Wiring Upgrade Kit that will be easier to fit as a single wiring upgrade.

4bee, you can use the link bellow to see the projects.

http://www.aulro.com/afvb/showthread.php?t=27230

Sorry for the delay but I was trying to source a special plug that would plug straight into the existing headlight socket.

The plug seem to be a special item that is not readily available so I had to make a three pin plug in-house.

With this plug, the rewiring becomes so simple that you don’t need to workout whether the vehicle has negative or positive switched headlight and you don’t have to workout which wire in the vehicle’s headlight socket does what job.

By supplying a pre-wired plug, all that is done automatically and you now don’t even need a multi meter, to be able to fit the Headlight Wiring Upgrade Loom.

The only tools you need are, Insulated Terminal Crimper, Screw Driver, spanner ( for the battery terminals ) and maybe a drill.

Cheers.

Total Downloaded
    Well done Drivesafe
    I will be ordering a kit for BlackBetty soon as Ive cleared a few bills.
    Andrew
    DISCOVERY IS TO BE DISOWNED
    Midlife Crisis.Im going to get stuck into mine early and ENJOY it.
    Snow White MY14 TDV6 D4
    Alotta Fagina MY14 CAT 12M Motor Grader
    2003 Stacer 525 Sea Master Sport
    I made the 1 millionth AULRO post

Total Downloaded
    Be interesting to see how much the spotlight kit is. I have already installed a fuse box in the engine bay ready for my spotlights though.

Total Downloaded
    4bee, you can use the link bellow to see the projects.
    Thanks DS. I missed that somehow. Looks like a winner imho.

Total Downloaded
    Hi folks, sorry but I had to go out for a few hours, this afternoon but I will answer all your PMs in the morning.

Thanks all for the support and anybody wishing to get the kits later, thats fine and the discount will remain in place for AULRO members.

Cheers.

Total Downloaded
    I'll have one for my Rangie - where do I pay???

LRH
    Disco 4 SDV6 Auto
    Disco 4 SDV8 Dual Cab Project
    Disco 2 M57 Extra Cab Project
    Foton Tunland Cummins ISF
    Disco 1 3 door 4.6 V8 Auto
    RRC V8 Auto "Classic" Softdash
    RRC 300 TDI Auto
    Disco 1 TD5 Auto Buggy
    Disco 1 300 Tdi Auto Ute
    SAME Explorer 70HP 4x4 Tractor plus Nell Loader
    Triumph Bonneville SE
    Yamaha TTR250

Total Downloaded
    Hi folks, I’ve sent a PM to everybody who has requested a kit.

If there is anything else you would like to know, please ask here or PM me.

Cheers and thanks for all the orders.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast