PDA

View Full Version : homebrew sprits

discowhite
13th July 2010, 01:33 PM
what exactly do i need to do my own home brew sprits?
and dont tell me its illegal as i dont care:p
i dont want to make bucket loads of the stuff just enough for someone that drinks about a 1/4 of what redback drinks...so maybe 5L a month.
and it has to be quality (otherwise theres not much point really)
ive looked at a few of the reflux stills on the net and they seam to be ones to use, especally the copper ones.
but what about a fermenter, can i just make one?

cheers phil

ps i know zip about home brew anything..

rovercare
13th July 2010, 02:33 PM
I have all the stuff you need, wanna buy it? copper reflxux stil, and still a scotch kit left, I stopped useing it as it was fine in small amounts, but trying to drink yourself silly on it has some crazy secondary effects:D

You need a 25l wash bucket(plastic container) with a bubbler that lets the air escape through a water trap when it ferments, add hot water, disolve in the appropriate amount of dextrose (sugar), then let it ferment in a warm area, when done, you put it in the stil, do its thing, discard the first bit of ethanol...in the lawnmower, or burning it for your own amusement, then water down, charcoal filter and add essence to desired taste, its pretty cheap and easy to do:)

discowhite
13th July 2010, 03:41 PM
I have all the stuff you need, wanna buy it? copper reflxux stil, and still a scotch kit left, I stopped useing it as it was fine in small amounts, but trying to drink yourself silly on it has some crazy secondary effects:D

You need a 25l wash bucket(plastic container) with a bubbler that lets the air escape through a water trap when it ferments, add hot water, disolve in the appropriate amount of dextrose (sugar), then let it ferment in a warm area, when done, you put it in the stil, do its thing, discard the first bit of ethanol...in the lawnmower, or burning it for your own amusement, then water down, charcoal filter and add essence to desired taste, its pretty cheap and easy to do:)

pretty sure you cant use words like that on this forum:twisted: but i will send you a pm;) then i need an excuse to drive to vic and pick the lot up:angel:

cheers phil

rovercare
13th July 2010, 04:11 PM
pretty sure you cant use words like that on this forum:twisted: but i will send you a pm;) then i need an excuse to drive to vic and pick the lot up:angel:

cheers phil

I'm sure I'll survive the repercussions of mentioning a sale:)

Should of wanted it a few weeks ago, I've been all over NSW, from cliffhanger at Cobar, to Tonys at Coolah, now in Canberra for a few days, could of brought it up, Oh, I can freight TNT, won't be dear

incisor
13th July 2010, 04:15 PM
pretty sure you cant use words like that on this forum:twisted:

after all this time you still dont get it...;)

man will have to visit, after you have had enough time to perfect the still that is, and explain how it works, in person...:o :D

discowhite
13th July 2010, 09:18 PM
after all this time you still dont get it...;)

man will have to visit, after you have had enough time to perfect the still that is, and explain how it works, in person...:o :D

theres alot on this forum i dont get dave.

cheers phil

B92 8NW
13th July 2010, 09:41 PM
I'm sure I'll survive the repercussions of mentioning a sale:)

Should of wanted it a few weeks ago, I've been all over NSW, from cliffhanger at Cobar, to Tonys at Coolah, now in Canberra for a few days, could of brought it up, Oh, I can freight TNT, won't be dear

Canberra?

Keep your eye out for a blue Disco on black vic plates:eek:

Mellow Yellow
13th July 2010, 09:46 PM
You might want to check this site out.

Home Distillation of Alcohol (http://homedistiller.org/)

Redback
14th July 2010, 10:01 AM
what exactly do i need to do my own home brew sprits?
and dont tell me its illegal as i dont care:p
i dont want to make bucket loads of the stuff just enough for someone that drinks about a 1/4 of what redback drinks...so maybe 5L a month.
and it has to be quality (otherwise theres not much point really)
ive looked at a few of the reflux stills on the net and they seam to be ones to use, especally the copper ones.
but what about a fermenter, can i just make one?

cheers phil

ps i know zip about home brew anything..

:spudnikwhat::Thump:

Chucaro
16th July 2010, 06:24 PM
IMO SS reflux are the best.
You need a 25 lts SS boiler and a reflux which can produce 5lts @ 92% and you will be able to have 10lts of white "medicine" @ 40% :)

Bigbjorn
17th July 2010, 05:07 PM
A former colleague is a long time distiller. He is a German mechanical engineer with the usual attention to meticulous detail of that breed. He acquired a Labec electric laboratory still from government auctions and uses it regularly.

He says it is most important to have very accurate temperature control. That there is a very fine line between potable ethanol and the stuff that sends you blind.

He normally distills sugar/yeast brews into schnapps to which various essences can be added to create faux other spirits. He also does Korn from corn/barley/wheat, vodka and akvavit from potatoes. He likes the still for its ability to turn a bad batch of home brew beer or wine into potable spirits.