PDA

View Full Version : redfin

beefy
19th July 2010, 05:24 PM
has anyone got any tips about fishing for redfin?

keith

OLD
19th July 2010, 05:39 PM
Haven't tried myself yet Beefy, but I'm led to believe shiny and bright spinners work well around Pemberton and I heard today that redfin around the 3kg mark are an easy mark in Capel - now, to get away from work....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beefy
19th July 2010, 05:40 PM
we heading to loque brook on the weekend so i thought i might give it ago down there. might have to try the capel river.

sschmez
19th July 2010, 10:24 PM
Gold and red Celta spinners have always worked well for me ....

fun fish to catch, especially with kids when they're biting. good luck

Stevo

OLD
20th July 2010, 09:06 AM
Let us know how you go. I've already got plans for this weekend but I'd be interested to know how you went. Enjoy!

richard4u2
20th July 2010, 09:11 AM
anyone eat them

d@rk51d3
20th July 2010, 12:57 PM
Once.

Grumbles
20th July 2010, 03:50 PM
Are talking about from the bank or from a boat? Also - lake or river?

beefy
20th July 2010, 04:11 PM
from the bank,

and lake.

richard4u2
20th July 2010, 05:59 PM
Once.
your not french ;)

d@rk51d3
20th July 2010, 07:01 PM
your not french ;)

Nope. Over the border.

wally.aussie
20th July 2010, 07:15 PM
gday beefy, wally .aussie here, do a lot of redfin fishing down this way as i live in collie, the best bait to use is minnows, but as they they are to find this time of year, worms will do,even if fishing off the bank, or boat. red spinners with the brass spinner on sunny days and cromme spinner blade on overcast days. really good eating fish 5 out of 5 !!! they are biteing in the harvey weir at the top end at the moment, was there a few days ago and got a good feed on worms. 18 all up, and around2 to 2.5 pds on average. did'nt start to bite untill an hour before dark, good luck !! send a pm if ya need any more info, as i am on most days. cheers !!!

LandyAndy
20th July 2010, 07:20 PM
Hi Kieth
Redfin are our local "sport fish"
They grow quite big and are very good fighters.
Im not into catching them,many locals down here are.
They are good eating Im told aslong as the water isnt too muddy.
Keith,summer is the time to chase them,when the pools in the river stop flowing and they eat all the small fry in the pools,the bait of choice down here is live minnows which can be caught in traps at various places around town.Lures are also very effective,but can get expensive as the river is full of snags.
The best spots are downstream from the Quindanning Hotel,(about 20km).Great camping areas along the river,all the way thru to Nanga brook.
You need a freshwater fishing licence to fish for them despite being vermin.Fish are not to be released back to the river.The closer to Dwellingup you get there is a fair chance of picking up the odd trout;);););)
ENJOY
Andrew

Fish78
24th July 2010, 01:29 PM
Hi,

I get quite a few Redfin as a bycatch when Trout fishing, they are pretty good to eat i have found, i fillet and fry in a light beer batter.

I have caught them on every lure imaginable, but the bigger ones have taken spinnerbaits and hard bodied lures, Rebel Craw fish in yabbie pattern landed my biggest which was 2kg.

An average size Redfin where i fish, this one took a Berkley soft plastic.
http://tmitchell.smugmug.com/photos/527086082_EMkmw-L.jpg

http://tmitchell.smugmug.com/photos/527086466_WH4Fb-L.jpg

I Love My Landy!
24th July 2010, 03:15 PM
Gold and red Celta spinners have always worked well for me ....
Stevo

Yep i second that. Believe it or not but the silver and red Celtas don't work nearly as well as the gold and red!

Good luck!

Edward