PDA

View Full Version : Acquiring a Range Rover

jx2mad
16th August 2010, 09:59 AM
I am seriously considering the acquisition of a Range Rover. At present thoughts turn towards a v6 diesel but price might beat me. However I am not up on all diesel models released. I would like some serious advice on different models and suitability for general road use and economy and of course, comfort. Was there a model released with the 300tdi engine? Any other advice would be appreciated. Jim

Scouse
16th August 2010, 10:05 AM
Locally, prior to the current shape RRs, there was only the VM diesel from around 1988/89.
There was nothing sold here from the late '80s until 2002 when the RR had the BMW inline 6 cyl diesel fitted.

The only RR which was/is available with a V6 diesel is the Sport. The proper RR has the TDV8.

VladTepes
16th August 2010, 10:17 AM
Locally, prior to the current shape RRs, there was only the VM diesel from around 1988/89.

which you should avoid in the same manner as genital warts.. by not ****ing around with one.

Might help to know what price range you are playing in mate.

pop058
16th August 2010, 04:38 PM
There was nothing sold here from the late '80s until 2002 when the RR had the BMW inline 6 cyl diesel fitted.

The only RR which was/is available with a V6 diesel is the Sport. The proper RR has the TDV8.

:clap2::thumbsup: