PDA

View Full Version : old style gme cb- uhf?

bob10
30th September 2010, 04:10 PM
Mentioned to a mate I was going to buy a uhf cb radio, he said he had one in the l'cruiser he bought off his dad, had a look at it, it is pre-digital, with a knob to select channels, a couple of push buttons, gme , worth picking up for a carton of beer? Would like to know what you think[ would it be uhf or 27 meg? how would I know? ] So many questions, so little time, wheres my beer---Cheers:twobeers:
Bob10

Utemad
30th September 2010, 04:16 PM
So long as you test it first and you like the style then it will still do the job.
It would have a data plate on the back that tells you if it is 27MHz or 477MHz but if it has selcall then its a UHF and if it has sideband it is 27MHz although they are both optional so maybe it wouldn't have either.

Failing that google the model number. GME even has old manuals online but not sure how far back they go.

alien
30th September 2010, 04:32 PM
Sounds like a 27Mhz to me.
The give away is usualy there is preset button on the set for channel 8.

Does it have a microphone button? CB>Ch8, UHF>celcall.

Sprint
30th September 2010, 06:43 PM
any chance of a model number?

bob10
1st October 2010, 06:44 AM
Have the model no., electrophone tx 830, googled it , is 27meg. Not much use to me , I think.
Bob10

alien
1st October 2010, 04:23 PM
Have the model no., electrophone tx 830, googled it , is 27meg. Not much use to me , I think.
Bob10
I wouldn't right it off just yet.
I've got one fitted in mine and have used it to talk to another vehicle in a "convoy".
Handy when you want to "hang it" it on someone without them hearing:twisted::wasntme:
Also good when the UHF gets busy on most channels.