PDA

View Full Version : Rubbers for old style beer kegs

trackless
4th November 2010, 10:41 PM
Hi people. Have read with interest the home bru info. Have been kegging my brus since about the mid 70's with some success.
I have a mix of old style "spear" kegs, new post mix ones and a couple of 50 ltr ones. Am up a 44 gallon drum of kegs to keep the supply up!
Have got the spares from kegs on line for the new ones but need new rubbers for the older 5 gallon and 9 gallon ones.
Need the big rubber that seals the spear and the smaller one that seals the gas fitting. Any clues?
Thanks for your help.
Trackless

Garry
4th November 2010, 11:35 PM
I may have some of this gear in my garage, I had a bit of a clear out but I cant remember what I had left in the box

I will have a look tomorrow

G

trackless
5th November 2010, 09:20 AM
Thanks Garry, I await your findings.
trackless:)

Redback
5th November 2010, 06:20 PM
Post up what you have and some of your recipes:D

I have one 45lt keg, mines an old Penfolds wine keg, as well as 2 Coke 19lt and one 10lt keg.

Pics of your setup would be good:D

Baz.

trackless
5th November 2010, 11:06 PM
I/we started making our own beer in about 1972 from basics with some yeast from Tooheys. The group was up to 40/50 brewers.We moved and lost touch.
Since then we have have gone to the Coopers and Tooheys stuff with succes and really like the tastes.
The cool room at the moment has 45 lts Tooheys, 45 lts Coopers, 23lts of cider and 15 lts of Ginger beer.
The Cyder is WOW. I stopped it at about 5.5%.. The brew didn't seem to want to stop.
Have just laid down 23 lts of Tooheys today and have the makings for 46 lts of Coopers.
Have begun to use dextrose to beeee weight watchers tollerent. Will see what the taste is like.
Am looking for a recipe for Bees Nees or what ever as the honey based beer, also another "groupie beer" taste for my 17 ltr keg.
Then I need to clean and work over the 9 gallon keg, but I require the rubbers requested.
I am restoring a 1947 Buick, have a couple of MGs, Holdens, Falcons and other stuff.
Thanks Trackless

Garry
8th November 2010, 02:08 PM
I have attached some pics of whats left in the box, there is some other Pub connections and a T piece for joinig the gas line

Anyway not sure if its what you are looking for

G

trackless
15th November 2010, 09:39 PM
Garry,
Thanks for your efforts. The bits you have listed don't seem to fit the bill. I was after the compression rubber that holds the gas line tight, the large rubber that holds the keg spear and the one that is compressed on top of the keg by the main fitting.
Thanks again for your help.
Trackless

Garry
19th November 2010, 08:01 AM
Never mind, I hope you find the bits you require

Andale in Brisbane have a few of those things in their shop front, might be worth giving them a shout

G