PDA

View Full Version : UK 101 Nannas

101RRS
22nd November 2010, 09:14 AM
The Nannas on the UK site are coming out to complain about PeterP and Mick Marsh (not me :)) hijacking the for sale thread about the sale of a Aust 101 replica.
101 club • View topic - Australian spec 1976 101 (http://www.101club.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4025)

Thankfully the management and mods over there do not seem to think it is a big issue. I actually think it is great that a Brit thinks enough of us to take his Brit 101 paint it olive drab and put all the markings on it, some of which we did not know about - for me I was not aware that 101s had Xmas Trees and as a result I will be sanding back my passenger door to see if I can find one on mine.

Cheers

Garry

Lotz-A-Landies
22nd November 2010, 09:28 AM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
(Charles Caleb Colton, Lacon, volume I, no. 183 (1780 - 1832))

Mick_Marsh
22nd November 2010, 11:42 AM
Huh??

Mick_Marsh
22nd November 2010, 08:32 PM
Humph!
Newbie. The newest member on the site.
It's worth noting, I've been on the 101 forum and in the 101 club for well over a year and have posted twenty two posts.
I have not yet reached my first anniversary on AULRO and this is my 795th post.
Telling, isn't it.
I have received PM's from 101 forum members which I thought were a little confusing until I read the topic of this thread. Too true Garry.
I must say though, most of the 101 club members I have had interaction with so far have been very nice, pleasant, helpful people.
I would also like to add I do not have a bad thing to say about any AULROians.
Keep the hijacked posts going guys.

101RRS
22nd November 2010, 08:49 PM
So you have got PMs from them - I guess they were not nice. I haven't received any but I did send a PM to the original poster, the owner of the 101, asking if he had any issues which he doesn't - he said he has sold the 101 and will be officially listing as sold on the site when everything is wrapped up.

I thought the guy who had a sook was a bit of a - well you know, but I liked how diplomatic the forum heavys were. At least we were still on the same basic topic of 101 markings - half the threads on AULRO well and truly get hijacked.

Oh well if PeterP, you and I and any one else wants to talk about 101 markings we can do it on AULRO.

Garry

Mick_Marsh
22nd November 2010, 09:03 PM
For the record, the PM's supported our view.
As I said, most of the members are great.
If I ever received a nasty PM, the reply would be a torrent of vitriol telling them a few home truths (but I doubt it will happen).

101RRS
22nd November 2010, 09:40 PM
For the record, the PM's supported our view.

Thats great. I know that some of the PMs that go on in the background of some of the other 4wd forums can be a bit full on.

Garry

Mick_Marsh
24th November 2010, 08:26 PM
One of the 101club mods just PM'd me. He thought the thread was interesting so he moved it into the correct area so we could continue posting.
So they're not all nannas after all.