PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know this car? 04 SE REG

Lucus
9th December 2010, 11:20 AM
Hi Guys,
My wife and I are considering buying an 04 L322,
We have found this one in Sydney which Price and KM wise seems too be the pic of the bunch.

I dont suppose it was owned by a member here? of if anybody has looked at it? As we are in Perth we are trying too put short list of cars together in either Sydney or Melb before we decided too head over.

Any memeber in or around Villawood that would like too pop over too Sydney 4x4 and have look i'd be more than happy to shout a six pack for your troubles!

cheers
Luke:)

RR P38
9th December 2010, 11:31 AM
A word of warning to you my friend.
Im in Sydney, for the last 2 weeks i have been looking for a TDV6.
It is quite a worry to look at an 07 Disco with 140k only to find it has a shortage of coolant (4 liters) paper thin discs and no sign of servicing for 70,000+ Ks
I kid you not.
Another with an interior that has never been cleaned in 5 years and beat up.
And 2 more that made me take my P38 of the market and keep it a bit longer till i can find something decent.
Maintenance seems to be a dirty word for many D3 owners.
All the vehicles i looked at were more than $29k and upto $39k.

They are a great vehicle just the same

Lucus
9th December 2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the info mate. I am consious of the fact that alot of these vehicle get traded once they reach the point of major servicing being required and the previous owner cannot afford it.

It just occured too me that details of the car would be handy.... REG is NSW rego is BKU-79S (or 795? not sure about NSW plates)

Whats the NSW version of a REVS check?

nice1guv
9th December 2010, 12:15 PM
Whats the NSW version of a REVS check?

Same thing as WA, just in NSW isn't it?

REVS NSW Home Page (http://www.revs.nsw.gov.au/)

Lucus
9th December 2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks mate, i wasnt sure. Just waiting on the dealer too send through the cars particulars now

Lucus
13th December 2010, 02:01 PM
BUMP!!:D

Are they any Perth based TDV6 L322 (03/04) owners that would be interested in offering there car for short test drive so I can gain approval from the finance minister to purchase one?

Basically it will be my wifes car and she is concerned about all the usual wife type stuff (ie parking, getting in/out getting shopping in/out) and power as she was disappointed going from the 4.6ltr RRC too a TD5 Disco.

Any help in perth would be greatly appreciated and the appropriate alcholic compensation would be offered of course

thanks!
Luke:)

daljames
14th December 2010, 09:06 AM
If it is the one at Sydney 4x4 i had a look at it. It seems fairly ok. It has had a respray on panels on the drivers side, it also has a couple of broken CV joint boots. They claimed it had the log books but couldnt produce them on the day. A State Roads (google 'em) inspection maybe? I decided to keep my P38 a while longer for the money asked.

Lucus
14th December 2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the info mate. I did know about the respray,broken rear reflector lamp and faded LCD screen but torn CV boots wasnt mention and thats probably the problem that worries me the most!:eek:

Is this a common problem on L322's?

magic bob
16th December 2010, 07:58 PM
Yep Luke, I have an L322 td6 2003 you can use.
PM me for contact details.
Magicbob

Grumbles
16th December 2010, 08:11 PM
I can't help but be amazed at the generosity and 'mateship' extended to and from Landrover owners [who in real life are strangers] displayed on this AULRO forum. It is nothing short of fantastic. :D

PAT303
17th December 2010, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the info mate. I did know about the respray,broken rear reflector lamp and faded LCD screen but torn CV boots wasnt mention and thats probably the problem that worries me the most!:eek:

Is this a common problem on L322's?

Torn CV boots,walk away mate. Pat

Lucus
17th December 2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the tip Pat,

Bob appreciate the offer mate, Unfortunatly wifey has gone could on the idea:(

Looks the the 93RRC and 04 Xr6 Turbo will be hanging around for a while yet....;):D

daljames
17th December 2010, 12:56 PM
I can't help but be amazed at the generosity and 'mateship' extended to and from Landrover owners [who in real life are strangers] displayed on this AULRO forum. It is nothing short of fantastic. :D

It is good! I was riding (alas a BMW now i sold my Triumph due to injury...) to work the other day (live northern beaches of Sydney work at Balmain) and behind me in an L322 was Doug Mulray. I still remember when he had his show on Ch 7 and rode in when triumph started making Motorbikes again in the mid 90's. His guest asked him why he liked British cars/bikes, "Well, i love a good challenge and whats more I'm a masochist who remembers who won the war!"

Theres just something about them... the old if you have to explain it you wouldnt understand thing...